Bonus Chapter #1

Guys please go follow me on Instagram for book reviews/ recommendations! @_bookaholik_

"Mommy, Uncle Heath bought me this cool gun!" Alexander shouted as he entered the living room, pointing a big toy gun at the huge painting hung near the Tv.

"ALEX!" Heath's shout came from behind him but it was too late, since the whole painting was already wet as Alexander continued to spray the water gun all over the wall, giggling like crazy.

"Alexander, stop it!" I shouted but he was just like his father, stubborn and ignorant.

Heath quickly snatched the water gun from Alexander who glared up at him. "Give it back to me. It's mine!" He yelled.

"Don't forget who bought it for you, kid." Heath said, ruffling his hair.

"Don't mess up my hair." He whined as he held his hands out. "Please give it back!"

Heath shook his head and stuck out his tongue at him. I swear, he acts as if he's the same age as him.

Alexander stomped towards me with his arms crossed and a frown on his forehead. "Mommy, tell him to give it back to me." He said pointing to the gun in Heath's hands.

"You've done enough already with that gun." I said, placing my hands on my swollen belly, I was around eight months pregnant and I was wearing a mint coloured full sleeved body con dress that reached till a few inches below my knee which really highlighted the baby bump. It had a metal zipper in the front, instead of the back.

"Mommy, please!" He whined, and buried his face in my lap, pretending to cry.

"Alexander.." I sighed, running my fingers through his silky hair.

"I didn't know it sprayed water, mom.." he wailed, scrunching up his face.

"Yes you did, liar!" Heath shouted and Alexander looked up at him with a glare and then turned back to me.

"Mom, he's lying!" He shouted.

I rolled my eyes at Heath and gestured for him to get out. He pouted. "Will you stop acting like you're his age?" I asked, gesturing to Alexander.

"Nope." He said, smirking at me before walking out the door with the gun in his hands.

"Mom..." Alexander mumbled anxiously. He was getting so big, his fourth birthday was just months away.

"Sweetie, why'd you ruin that painting?" I asked softly, as I picked him up and settled him on my lap, his legs on either side of me.

"Mom, I didn't know..." he murmured, frowning as he played with the zipper of my dress.

"Alexander, don't lie to me, baby." I said, pushing some of the hair back, that was falling on his forehead.

He sighed and looked at me with a pout. "Why does Uncle Heath have to ruin everything?" He whined.

I chuckled slightly but recovered soon enough. "Don't say that, baby. He's the one who buys you all your favourite toys and he plays with you the most." I said.

He was still frowning. "But he's a t-taltle tale."

"Tatle tale, sweetie." I corrected.