Chapter 10: The Astronomy Tower

After the Care of Magical Creatures class, the trio made their way to the dungeons where they had Potions with — again — Slytherin. Hermione and Ron held hands and smiled to eachother while talking. Harry stayed behind them and looked around the place. Draco had fallen asleep as they had come into the castle, but his sleep didn't last long as he heard the laugh of his friends or they weren't friends, more like followers. Crabbe and Goyle. The two laughed evilly at something. In that point, Draco's eyes had shot open and gaze spotted the two fellow Slytherin boys. He saw as the boys pointed at Harry, no, him. Crabbe bursted out laughing as Goyle made a funny imitation of Draco or in the situation, Silver. He made puppy like eyes and held his hands up on his face like paws.

Harry leaned against the cold wall of the dungeons. He looked down at his feet and tried to ignore the annoying Slytherins. "Hey Potter. Did you say that his name was Silver? Yeah, I think I know why." Goyle snickered. "Because he's not worth gold!" Crabbe fell laughing to the floor. His laugh echoed in the dark dungeons. Draco somehow felt his tiny eyes water a little. He had never seen Crabbe and Goyle insulting him. Ever. Or any Slytherin in particular, not counting his father.

Snape opened the door and welcomed them in, coldly as always. Granger and Weasley went in first, and second Potter and Draco. Draco brushed his head against Harry's cheek. Now he wanted attention. He was mad and sad about how Goyle and Crabbe had been so rude to them.

—————

After the Potions class they had dinner. Draco ran straight to the Great Hall and as he bursted into the room, Merlin that was embarrassing. All eyes were on him, some first years awed and cooed. Harry had walked after him and just sneaked to the Gryffindor table. Draco was digging into an apple on the table as Harry sat down. Ginny stared at Draco.

"That animal sure is cute." She smiled. Draco found it weird to be called cute by a Weasley. He looked up to the she-Weasel from his apple and let out a ferret like noise. "Aw. He tries to speak." Ginny laughed.

Harry shook his head and focused on his food. He had took Bangers and Mash. The British classic with a twist. Two sausages placed on top of mashed potatoes and peas, then smothered in sautéed onions and gravy with a side of peppered cabbage. Draco laid his gaze on the peas. He licked his lips few times and then grabbed a hold of Harry's full plate and snatched few peas away and stuffed them into his mouth.

"Malfoy!" Harry whisper-yelled without thinking. The heads around him turned to him. His eyes went wide. Draco just continued as like nothing had happened. Hermione raised her brow at the boy. Harry probably would've sunk into the place where he had sit, but then Draco shoved his apple over Potter's plate and hopped off the table.

The ferret padded away as Harry followed him. The brunette looked around the places, he smiled. Everything made him happy at the time. The memories folded his head. He saw the times when the Chamber of Secrets had opened and he had defeated Professor Quirrel. Then he saw Draco. The same year, he and Ron had drank the Polyjuice Potion and their bodies were morphed to Crabbe and Goyle's bodies. He saw Ron in Crabbe's body, but his hair turning red again.

Harry snapped out of it when they reached the library. Hermione and Ron were supposed to be there after they had ate.

Harry wandered through the halls of the magical library. He saw the books glow in the lights. Few students were reading on a table together, but it didn't mind Harry. Draco in the other hand, didn't quite like it. He could hear the faint whispers coming from the Ravenclaw boy's mouth.

Harry looked at the books all around the place. Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling. No. Dark Forces: A Guide to- No. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. No. Nowhere to be seen. But then it hit Harry. Literally.

The book hit Harry's head and then the floor. His glasses nearly fell off his face but he quickly caught them. He put the glasses on and the blurry vision turned to clear. He saw Draco looking down at him from a bookshelf. The white ferret grinned and then backed up. In a moment Draco was down from the bookshelf.

Harry picked up the book. Transfiguration by Emeric Switch. He smiled at the ferret on his feet and took his wand out. He grinned and counted on three. After he had counted the numbers a swoosh was heard as he got interrupted fron running. The giant door opened and Ron and Hermione came in. Draco simply gave them a cold glance and ran out. He left Harry wide eyed to the library.

"Hi Harry! You wanted to study some spell-?" Hermione waved, but Harry ran past her like she wasn't in there. Ron and Hermione both passed glances.

—————

"Silver!" Harry sort of yelled out as he saw the ferret sitting on a bench down the hall. Draco noticed the Gryffindor and shot up. His eyes lit up like two stars as he turned to the boy and smiled. "What are you doing?" Draco huffed and padded down the halls towards the Astronomy Tower.

Harry clutched on the book as the cool wind brushed against his warm cheeks. Draco jumped on the chair and laid down. His fur flushed in the cool evening wind up there.

"You come up here a lot?" Harry asked tugging his messy hair back. The platinum eyes met the emerald one's, but quickly moved away to stare at the book. Draco poked Harry's hand away over the book and opened it with his teeth.

Harry sighed and grabbed the book to himself, gaining a total new look from Draco. It was positive and also like a glare. Harry's fingertips hovered on the pages of the book. Eventually he stopped and so did Draco, who had been in his shoulders for a while, reading.

"It's Filch." Harry whispered. Draco went into a panic mode. He squeaked but Harry put his finger to his lips motioning to be silent. Draco stopped and looked as Harry took something out of his pocket.