Chapter 24: The Moon

"Draco.." Harry's words came out of nowhere. "I love you too, I really do. But it's so confusing..." he sighed and closed his eyes. Draco felt the tears drip down on his face and slowly beginning to freeze.

He took a deep breath and stepped few steps closer to Harry who met his gaze and watched as Draco's eyes slowly flickered from him to his lips, then back up again. They were only inches away from eachother and they weren't able to break the eye contact they had.

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it." Draco said, leaning closer until their noses were touching. As Draco leaned more in Harry tried to calm his racing heart, but it was pointless. Like that, the kiss was over. Quick but sweet and memorable. Draco ran his hands through Harry's hair and pulled away. Now only their foreheads were touching.

Draco had a wide smile on like Harry, still both cold as hell. Harry's breath hitched as they heard the door behind them crack open.

"Har- Malfoy?!" it was Ron and Hermione of course. The ginger's facial expression didn't seem happy nor did Hermione's — her was more confused.

"Ron!" Harry shrieked away from Draco, wide eyed. His cheeks burned from embarrassment and the cold. He stood just a feet from Draco but it felt like miles. "H-hi?"

"What are you doing in here-? With him? And what was that in the Great Hall and why in the bloody hell were you so close to eachother?!" Ron exploded to them. Hermione studied Harry's and Draco's faces as they tried to escape the situation.

"Sod off, Weasel-bee. It doesn't matter anything to you anyways." Draco sassed and took two tiny steps forward. Harry looked down at his freezing feet.

"No, Draco, they deserve to know." Draco shot his gaze on Harry and his look softened.

"Are you sure, Potter?"

Harry nodded. "Yes, I am." Draco in that second smiled and dragged himself out of the cold tower, leaving astonished Ron and interested Hermione with Harry. "Ron, Hermione, I-" the raven haired boy gulped and fixed his glasses. "I like Draco- no, I love him." Hermione somewhat jumped and screeched as Ron's eyes widened. "Ron.. Remember, you don't fall in love with the gender, you fall in love with the person."

"Mate, I don't have anything against that you- like guys or anything, but Malfoy?"

—————

Draco ran down the stairs, panting heavily. Filch had almost caught him as he had crept out of the Astronomy Tower. The clock had just hit twelve as Draco tripped on the final step and fell against the wall due a sharp pain in his chest. Groaning in pain, he sat in front of his knees hugging to his chest and letting a tear slip down his chin. The pain was over in a minute but it had felt like a hundred of them. His head down in his arms, Draco choked on his tears and then inhaled deeply.

He stood up like nothing never happened and continued his way to the Great Hall. So the curse was over now? He had found his true love, right?

A scream interrupted him. He saw a girl squirming on the floor and he exactly knew who it was. Chelsea laid on the floor trembling. Her blue eyes were creepily open and looking empty. Her blonde hair had gone through a lot, making her look dirty. Draco gulped and stepped back.

In a sharp breath her voice was gone and she blacked out. Draco looked at her in horror and in shock. She had probably seen worse than that but it just made him more anxious about his mother when the girl in front of him had helped her.

Chelsea's eyes flickered open bright blue and then she stood up.

"What happened?" her voice was very quiet but strong. Draco blinked and then opened his mouth.

"You were on the floor. Screaming." Chelsea raised her brow.

"No, not possible. I remember going to the forest to Hagrid's." Draco nodded.

"Well whatever. I'm- I'm not going to waste my time on you." Draco grumbled and turned around to walk back to the Gryffindor dorms but feeling his long legs turn into tiny furry ones, he fell to the floor. Well shit.

He let out a squeak and in a flash, he was back to normal. Chelsea was now just a feet away from him.

"You are Draco! Harry's ferret as in Draco Malfoy."

"What just happened doesn't have anything to do with Potter." he hinted, rolling his eyes in confusion and annoyance.

"Salty."

"Shut it, Gates." Draco threatened and then passed the girl running towards the Gryffindor dormitories. What just happened to me? I thought it was over. Wait, am I an animagi? But how?

He looked around for any place to hide and then he remembered that there was a place where he could go. He ran down to the third floor and watched as few teachers made their ways to somewhere but he didn't care right now.

—————

Harry breathed deeply in and out. He'd been up for an hour after the trio had gone back to the dorms. He couldn't stop thinking about Draco and their kiss. He couldn't stop smiling like an idiot.

Burying his head to the pillow he threw his glasses on and slowly stood on his feet. The cold floor sent shivers up his spine as he cleaned the lens of his glasses and put them on. He went to his closet and grabbed something to wear and put them on.

Making no noise, he crept down to the common room and sat down to the sofa. His eyes followed the snowflakes outside as the light of the moon reflected his face on the frozen window.

Something soft jumped on his arms and then he jumped up making the thing on him wrap its paws around his arm. His vision came clearer as he rubbed his eyes. There was the stupid ferret what he had been thinking about the past hour. The moon made Draco's eyes shine in its light like the moon itself.