Chapter 28: My Ferret

Harry gulped on his tears as Draco brushed his head against Harry's cheek. The whole room had been filled with whispers and gasps. Harry's eyes were blurred from the tears even though he had his glasses on. He felt all of the people giving him weird looks and comments behind his back. Harry felt the weight of the ferret grow and soon he was on the floor with Draco hugging him.

They could hear multiple different types of words to be shouted and said, still on the floor. Harry let his tears come out and a smile spread on his face. Draco heard Harry hiccup on his tears and he sat up. He helped the raven haired boy up to sit and gave him a half smile.

"Draco, my ferret, I love you." Harry spoke up and grabbed the blonde's face to kiss him. Their lips met quickly and gasps came from the other's mouths.

Hermione was smiling widely, the opposite of Ron who was fake gagging childishly, but stopped after Harry came running towards them and hugged them both.

"I'm proud of you and happy for you, Harry." Hermione told Harry. He squeezed his eyes shut and let the last single tear fall to the ground. Ron joined the hug and patted Harry's back.

"Mate, I still don't understand why Malfoy, but I'm happy if you are." he explained and hugged Harry tighter. Hermione had let go of Harry and gone to talk to Romilda who was clearly more upset than earlier.

Draco walked up to Harry and poked him to his arm. Everyone who were in the room, gave Draco odd looks and stares. He felt like an outsider.

"Harry.. It feels weird, like I don't belong in here. And in fact I don't. I should leave." Harry grabbed his hand and pulled him closer.

"You're not going anywhere. And you wanted cuddles?" Draco sighed and let his hand relax while Harry held it. They sat on the sofa and Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's other arm and then laid his head down to the blonde boy's lap.

Draco smiled at the fact that he could openly be with Harry in the Gryffindor common room, although they didn't get so much support. He slowly began to play with Harry's hair and then took the glasses off of the boy's face.

Yanking up, Harry mumbled something and rubbed his eyes. "You wanker." he said — his vision still blurry. Harry could see Draco's figure shake and hear his laugh as trying to get his glasses back, but he didn't succeed. Draco put them on to himself and blinked.

"So weird. But now I'll give them back to you to admire my face." he chuckled and took the glasses off.

"I don't need glasses to see your beauty." Harry grinned and laughed. Draco's pale cheeks turned pink.

—————

Draco stepped into the Slytherin common room and walked through the students to the dorms. Crabbe and Goyle were practicing spells on their beds, Pansy and Millicent were probably gossiping in the corner of the room. Draco rolled his eyes and plopped down to his bed wity a slight thump.

Blaise raised his eyes off of the book what he was reading. "You alright?" Draco sent him a blissful smile but then groaned frustratedly and buried his head to his pillow. Blaise raised his brows and stood up to his feet. "No, tell me. Actually you had to tell me something after the Ball."

"Alright, then we need some privacy." Draco droned. Blaise motioned towards the others and Draco nodded. "I said: we need some privacy!" he raised his voice making Millicent jump straight up.

After all of the others had left, Blaise and Draco were all alone in the room. "So? What's going on?"

"Well.. I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for, for god's sake?" Blaise questioned looking extremely worried.

"I'm gay." Draco choked out. He looked down to his feet and felt really embarrassed and ashamed.

"Tell me something what I don't know, Draco." Blaise noted. Draco's eyes lit up and he shot his head up. He saw Blaise sitting down beside him, who had a wide smile on his face.

"What? You know? How?"

Blaise chuckled. "It's so obvious, Draco. The looks that you and Potter change. The missings from classes. Am I really the only one who sees that?" Draco's jaw dropped.

"I know this is weird but-" Draco started and then hugged Blaise. "It feels good." Blaise hugged back.

"I'm glad you told me, Draco." they pulled back. "Now go get that Potter boy."

"I don't need to."

"So you're dating, huh?" Blaise nudged the blonde boy who nodded with a small blush on his cheeks.

"Mhm. And by the way, I have to show you something." Draco said and jumped off of the bed, turning himself into his animagus.

"Holy Merlin! that's brilliant, Draco! How did you-" Blaise beamed and shot up from the bed. "Wow. You're an animagi?" Draco nodded and let out a high pitched squeak. "Wait. You're Potter's ferret?!" Draco nodded again and then slowly turned himself into his human form.

"Let me introduce you to Silver. Myself." Draco laughed. Blaise shook his head.

"That explains everything. Oh wow. That- it all explains why you are so happy all the time." Blaise exclaimed. "and grumpy." he added, looking at Draco.

—————

The door of the Great Hall opened once again, revealing two boys. Hand on hand. Harry had a wide smile on his face, but Draco had a nervous one on his. Harry's hair was messy as always and his emerald green eyes shimmered in the light. Draco had his collar still on under the robes. His hair was elegantly fixed and cut.

They walked to the Gryffindor table and sat down. All the students in there looked at them. Harry was born to be in the light and he was used to being watched and Draco had been in much attention being the son of Lucius Malfoy — still feeling watched and judged made him feel anxious.

"Draco, relax it's okay."

"I know just maybe we shouldn't-"

"You know, you were never supposed to mean so much to me: I was never supposed to fall this hard. But you know what? I did and that's the truth, that's what keeps me holding because it hurts like hell to let you go." Harry spoke that everyone heard. "I love you, my ferret. My stupid ferret." Draco's look softened.

"I love you too, Harry."

FIN