Chapter 2.) Head Set

Tom woke with a groan, he was in a bright room with white walls and tiled flooring from what he could see, he was laying on a flat hospital bed. But he knew he was no where near a hospital, he was in the laboratory. Blinking slowly tom tries to rub his head, a small headache forming from were he got hit in the head by one of tords soldier's. But something keeps his arm were it is, his eyebrows crease in confusion as he tries again. Still he can't move either arm. So he tries his legs, nothing. Growing annoyed tom struggles to rise from the bed, but his body stays where it is. Sighing, tom gose still, his heart racing.
"I'll fucking kill that bitch, how dare he treat me like this!" Tom spat to himself angerly, suddenly a loud creak from a door echoed through the room, making tom go quiet. Voices whispered through the room in norwegian, making tom wish he understood the language. As the voices grew closer, tom closed his "eyes". Pretending to be asleep.
"So will it work?" The voices go to english making tom listen. One of them was tords voice, while the other was an unfamiliar women's voice.
"Yes sir, we just have one concern" the women said nervously, her voice strained. A hiss fallows after her words.
"What type of concern!" Tord commanded, making tom feel bad for the poor women. Dang tord, she tells you the truth and you snap at her! Tom thought, keeping his breathing even as though sleeping.
"W-well, we have to remove the subjects eyes to attach the head set. We also need to make sure the brain responds to the headset so he can see, and everything works, sir" the woman explained, tom's stomach turns. Tom understood what he was doing in here. Tord was going to do an experiment on him, panicking tom's breathing went ragged. They were going to remove his eyes and replace them with some "headset"! The voices stopped, probably hearing tom freaking out. But he couldn't help it, he wanted out, not to be some experiment! Tord never mention this, not even once, soon the woman an tord walk up to him.
"What the hell is wrong with him" Tord growled, the woman put a hand on toms shoulder. And tom "eyes" flash open and he glared up at her.
"Get your bloody hell hands off me!" Tom screetched, jumping the woman who yelped in surprised moving her hand from the brunettes shoulder. Tord watched tom freak out and smirked.
"So you were listening, huh thomas?" He asked watching the restrained males gaze turn him, and ice cold glare, but it didn't bother him. He knew tom hated him, but that hate could be used. Tom would soon use that hate to become a ruthless soldier for the red army, and tords second in command. The red leader needs a person like tom, someone who didn't give a crap about anyone but his self, he just needed to get the jehovah to listen to him.
"Of course I did, your gonna frigen remove my eyes!" Tom shot back, his face red from yelling and panicking. Tord remember tom didn't like needles, but that was no concern, the concern was tom's brain and body accepting the headset. Shaking away that thought tord slams tom's head back onto the bed and tom goes quiet, his head aching more. Tord then turns to the woman.
"Well! Start the procedure, and make sure he doesn't die, or I'll kill you" the woman flinches from the leader's side, but nods.
"Yes red leader, me and the others will start now" she replies giving tom a concerned look, that makes a shiver go down tom's spine, what if he died, or something went terribly wrong? Would tord care that he would possibly be killing the future soldier? No, his heart is too cold for that. He doesn't care about anyone. For god's sake he almost killed tom once! Glaring up at tord, tom scowls.
"If I survive through this I'll kill you..." Tom said trailing off as the women put a I.V.  in his arm, making him go still. Once it was in, tom watched her carefully, as she held up another needle with a strange liquid in it, she than puts the liquid into the I.V. and tom feels himself become drowsy, and finally he falls asleep.

                      ~Time skip~

"Loading complete, process completed" Tom woke up to something talking, opening his "eyes". Or so he thought, and instead of the normal process of blinking, a little loading screen popped up than disappeared, bringing the room into view. Confused, tom looked around and suddenly started scanning something.
"Scan complete. Red army laboratory. More information provided" The voice said, making tom jump. Where the hell was it coming from? Reaching to rub his head, he realised he could and smiled in relief. Happy not to be tied up anymore. The women from before walks over to him, a mirror in her hand.
"Would you like to see my handy work?" She asked with a playful smile, bringing a small smile to toms face. With a small nod from him, the women held up the mirror and he looked at himself. He had a headset on his face, that looked like one of those virtual reality things for people's phones. But it was black and had two pixelated eyes on it that were green and stared back at him. Frightened the eyes show a frightened look, making him annoyed. Now tord would always know how he was feeling. Looking away from the mirror, the women puts it down on a table and sighs.
"I'm really sorry about what's happend to you, and now this, but the red leader is just trying to create a stronger army. So please just listen to him. Your lucky to be offered such a rank for just joining, be appreciative" she says like a mother, a warm smile on her face. Tom shakes his head with a low growl.
"Sorry ma'am but I can't listen to that asshole" tom answered, she frowns, but nods.
"I get that, sorry" the women than walks over to the table, writing something down on a piece of paper.
"Is thomas awake?" Her walki-talki gose off, tords voice comming from it. She look looks away from her work and grabs the walki-talki, pressing the button and talking into it.
"Yes red leader, he made it through and is fine" she than let's go of the bottom waiting for feedback.
"Good, I'll be right there" she answers with a final "yes sir" and gose back to her work, ignoring tom. Bored tom scans a few other things for something to do, finally the red leader storms in and tom turns towards his derection.
"Thomas" tord says greeting the second in command, toms headset shows a pair of annoyed narrowed eyes on the screen as he replies.
"Tord" the horned male frowns, glaring at his soldier.
"It'll be red leader or sir to you now, do not call me tord" Tord snapped at the shorter male, the screen dose a little eyeroll as tom rolls his "eyes".
"Yes, red leader" he says sarcastically. Tord narrows his one silver eyes at tom and sneers.
"You think this is all fun in games tommy?" Tord asked venomously, getting in toms face. Tom lean away from the horned male, surprised by the sudden coment.
"Cause it's not thomas, people die for me, people respect me, people fear me. And I have no time to deal with some stuck up soldier! Cause guess what thomas your easily replacable. So shut the fuck up and do as I tell you, got it?" Tord snarled, trying to put some sense into tom. Tom stared blankly for a minute than laughed. Did tord seriously think he didn't know that!?! Didn't know that people died in the army to protect there leader, didn't do whatever they were told? Of course he did, he's not a complete idiot. Standing up, tom jabbed a finger into tord chest.
"Well excuse me "Mr. I know everything fucking thing" of course I know that!" Tom took a deep breath and continued.
" Just cause I don't know everything about an army doesn't mean I don't know something! And how dare you talk to me like that, you know nothing about me. Cause you were to stuck up with ruling over the world to get to know any of us, than suddenly after leaving. You think you can just come back, and plus after edd forgave you when he sure the hell shouldn't have, and you tried to kill us with your damm giant robot. But heeey, I shot it down with my harpoon gun. Bet you didn't expect that, thought I was dead huh? Well no, and now you think I'm just gonna be your soldier, no questions asked?" Tom broke off for a minute to let it all sink in, tord stared blankly at tom, so the brunette continued once again.
"Well fuck you, your gonna have to try a lot harder than torturing me for about five months, and replacing my eyes with some headset!" Tom snapped, pointing at the thing on his face, that was glitching because of all the emotions tom was feeling at the moment. The women from before walks over to tom, who he had forgotten was in the room, stayed quiet not making a comment, fixes the screen so it stops glitching than excuses herself with tords permission, and leaves, while the males glare at each other. Panting, from yelling to much, tom sits back down on the bed and looks down at his feet. Tord than takes a deep breath and straightens up into a more formal poster.
"I hope your little outburst is over thomas, because you have alot of training to do. Common I'll show you around, do not attempt to escape. You'll be shot on sight" tord says plainly, turning his back on tom and walking out. Scoffing, tom fallows. Had anything he's said, gotten to tord? No, probably not. Tom thought to himself, walking behind the red leader.

                              A/N
______________________________________

Hears the next chapter! Whew this took me awhile to plan out, sorry it's shorter than the previous chapter. I'm really happy to get my first vote an comment, plus 5 veiws! It encouraged me to continue writing! Thank you so much. I just hope you all remember that it takes time and inspiration to make stories like these, so pls don't expect regular updates for it takes me time to think of another chapter. But thank you for reading and maybe leave a comment, or vote. Thank you, and injoy your day.

P.s: Whoops, just realised this chapter is longer XD