chapter:4

Skye's conscious eyes followed her lady Joanna who was pacing around in the royal bedroom. It was a spacious room but the long strides of lady Joanna were quickly engulfing it's length, squeezing its size in result.

Since lady Joanna came back from the company of royal Queens, she hadn't touched the bed yet. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally stopped and Skye's back straightened a fraction.

Lady Joanna faced Skye and her eyes fixed on Skye's now upright yet confused posture. The crease on her forehead was apparent, alerting Skye that lady Joanna was actually going to do something.

Lady Joanna sighed closing her eyes and her shoulders slumped down. But then before another inhale of breath,she was standing in front of Skye.

"Skye dear! I am afraid I'm going to out you through something so crucial yet important." Lady put her hand on Skye's shoulder, leveling her eyes with Skye's.

It didn't surprise Skye much to see that lady Joanna was clearly signaling towards something that was clearly not something easy or acceptable.

"My service is always there for you, my lady." Skye bowed her head a little and settled her eyes on her feet, the posture which was common to be shown by the loyal servants at the time of their service.

"Seeing your faithfulness puts me at ease Skye dear."lady Joanna's contorted facial expressions eased up a bit as if half of the burden had been lifted off of her shoulders.

Sensing Skye's awaiting eyes on herself, lady turned away with yet another sigh and advanced towards a huge wooden cupboard that had beautiful designs carved skillfully on it.

She opened it and her hands shuffled inside for a short time and then finally she retrieved her hands, closing the cupboard back.

Skye's eyes landed on the small envelope that lady was holding and knots of confusion started getting untangled a bit. The memories of lady Joanna sending Skye to the main guard of prince Thomas Jones were not that old and she could sense the incoming command on her way.

"I need you to give it to someone," lady finally stopped in front of her, gauging her reaction carefully. Seeing the conflict in Skye's eyes, lady proceeded further,"there would be a guard named Klaus, in male Chambers."

Skye's lips parted immediately when Lady's words hit her,"makes chumbers--" her voice trailed down into a whisper but apparently princess was not in the mood of paying it any heed thus she cut her off.

"Yes. Male chambers," lady's firm voice roamed around the corners of the room,"you need to hand it over to the guard and sneak back in woman chambers without getting noticed."at this point , lady's determined posture left Skye no option but to give in to what she was being commanded to do.

Lady held her hand out towards Skye, in which she was holding that golden colored envelope and Skye gingerly grabbed it from her hand. A ghost of a smile curled up at the corner of lady's lips and Skye lowered her eyes once again scanning the envelope that was sealed shut, in her hands.

With a slight bow, she soon left the lady's bedroom.

~~~~~~~

Taking each step forward, Skye felt her heart beat getting faster every second. Maids were usually forbidden to enter male's Chambers and only guards were appointed to perform duties there. It was a major rule of each castle that everyone knew like a back of their hand.

Swiping her head towards both sides, she could see empty long hallways where there was no trace of anyone. It was a night time and most of the people were in their chambers.

She neared the wall on her right and tried to feel it with her hands. After running her hand on specific portion of the wall, her hand finally stopped and then with the final glance at her back, her hand slid on the wall which rolled down in the opposite direction and now it could be seen as a door.

It was a well built door, contrasting with the wall, which led to male Chambers. Most of the maids had no knowledge about this door and they were kept in dark about it so that their unwanted visit to the male Chambers could be avoided.

Entering the door, Skye squinted her eyes to adjust that in a dark surrounding. she found herself in a narrowed pathway which had brown walls and fire woods were present in each corner of the room and fire was lit in them, helping Skye's vision to get adjusted in that environment.

She slid the door back shut and silently moved herself towards the empty spot where there was no wall or door present but it certainly was leading to some other room or in a hallway.

When she neared it, she saw a huge room on the right and a dark hallway on the left which was completely dark with no fraction of light apparent whatsoever.

Looking back in the room, she saw few guard standing at a little distance from each other and two of them were standing at yet another door which looked like an exit.

Guards were busy in chattering and she found a little air rushing inside her lungs finally due to the relief.

This was the place which lady Joanna informed her about and a guard named Klaus was supposed to meet her there.

Looking at the guards she noticed that they were quite far away and couldn't see her unless paid specific attention towards her. She wanted to go find that guard but decided against it and settled with the thought of just standing there and wait for the guard to come himself to her and take the envelope from her hands that contained a letter written by lady Joanna to prince Thomas Jones.

She rested her back against the wall and closed her eyes, focusing on each thud that her heart screamed off and finally taking a huge breath she mustered up courage to face the reality..

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••