chapter 12

Skye turned around as she heard her name being called from the far off corner of the hallway. She turned around and swept her gaze from all the random faces trying to find the source in all the ruckus going on around.

She then saw an exasperated looking maid flailing her arms at her. She sighed shaking her head and then walked up to her by dodging many bodies that were scurrying away in different directions.

The ball day had finally arrived and it was almost evening time that means all the suitors were supposed to gather in ballroom soon.

Princess and princesses from all states were finally going to have the most special time of their lives and they were eagerly getting ready in their respective chambers to add up to their already undeniable beauties.

"Tell princess Joanna that it's about time to arrive at ballroom that is already half filled." She informed, slightly out of breathe.

Skye nodded and headed towards princess' chambers to let her know.

........

To say that everyone was looking gorgeous was an understatement. The ballroom seemed like a fricking paradise where every last angel's arrival was made sure.

Prestigious princesses from all around the world landed on this Alexandrian state showing off their breathtaking beauties. They were chirping and laughing around in groups of their friends unaware of all the stares that were headed in their way by equally good-looking princes.

Queens and kings from all the states were busy in conversations while sitting elegantly organized chairs surrounding middle tables that were decorated with fresh fragrance of flowers.

Maids and servants were buzzing around high class ladies and lords like bees in order to fulfil their orders before they could even utter a single word.

Skye silently stood at a little distance from lady Joanna who was engaged in conversation with two other princess. Skye observed that her shoulders were stiff and she wasn't laughing as much as others. But her charming smile-that was constantly intact on her face that was smoothly enhancing her beauty with perfect makeup.

The spark of shine that was always in her eyes was absent and the fact was well hidden by long thick lashes that extended outwards in a curve, spreading a protective shadow on blue orbs.

Skye wondered how lady's perfect body and dress made her elegant. She lowered her gaze on her purple gown that reached the marbled floor, successfully hiding her long legs.

She smoothed down the silky fabric at her stomach, cautious about the tightness of dress at stomach and bosoms area by the red stripes that emerged at sides and went all the way back just to be tangled in butterfly manner, to enhance her natural curves.

It wasn't often that she wore pretty dresses and this time lady Joanna suggested skye to wear her dress that she wore on ball last year. At first Skye denied but then lady warned her that she won't go to ball if Skye didn't wear an elegant dress.

She smiled a little at the memory. Her princess was such a kind hearted and considerate lady. Always taking care of those below her.

Skye came out of her daze when someone tapped her shoulder. An amazed face was looking at her and she blushed by getting this type of attention.

"Oh my!" Lady Delilah- head of the maids at Alexandrian castle patted her head in kind gesture," my daughter is looking amazing!" Her eyes adorned the pure and fragile beauty that was standing in front of her.

Skye thanked her with a loving smile. She noticed that lady Delilah was carrying a huge tray that was covered with a flowery bright colored cloth, which she was bringing to upper floor of the castle. Skye offered to deliver that and after couple of denials, lady Delilah agreed on letting Skye help her.

Skye grabbed the tray and much to her surprise, the tray was heavier than she thought, so she was happy for offering help to old lady. Who knows how she might have managed upstairs with holding this in hands.

Leaving soft melodies of ballroom instantly made her notice the empty environment outside which only contained ruckus of working maids and servants but not the content and relaxed upper class people whose even conversation was so calm and collected.

Humming with low voice, Skye turned around to walk upstairs but a yelp instantly escaped her lips when she collided with a huge body. Her eyes wide and stuck at tray that was now toppling over in her arms and its contents about to come out anytime soon to grace the floor.

Holly...

Two strong arms leveled the tray, equalizing it's weight in them but  when she started to fall back, the priority shifted from tray to her body and Skye felt same arms holding her firmly preventing her possible fall on bottoms.

Somewhere near her feet, clanking of dishes echoed the place and she shrunk in those protective arms closing her eyes and cursing at her tactlessness.

Wave of air hit her neck and she quickly opened her eyes at hearing heavy breathing. She looked up only to find commander Leon's face just mere inches away from hers while her body clung on to his, still bewildered by tray incident.

His eyes caught hers, traveling down to her slightly parted lips which until then she didn't know were open and immediately closed them. But this little act didn't faze the slowly traveling eyes of him that raked her body and she felt rush of heat inside her body.

"Y-you?" Her voice was nothing near normal. She cleared her throat to clear the raspy effect but didn't dare to say anything further to avoid squeaky sound to add up to her further embarrassment.

A satisfying smirk appeared on his face and all the heat of embarrassment converted into a of anger. His perverted gaze was something she didn't like and she made sure to show her disgust.

He looked better without that damn smirk on!

Little did she know that it was not in his control to be in control when she was around. Be it anger or his perverted gaze, she surely managed to bring out his reactions strongly one way or another.

When he didn't answer and she was silent, his gaze fell on her lips and she felt him slowly leaning forward. Her heart picked up it's rate and for a moment she was paralyzed on his arms.

Sound of cough brought them both from their trance and she shifted in his arms, embarrassed and he let her go only for her to run all the way back in ballroom to hide from the man she was sure, was bound to cross her path at every damn step, leaving him rooted to the stair perplexed what just happened.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••