chapter 11

Her feet froze midstep as she heard a familiar taunting voice. His words could easily be comprehended as an insult. Guess what, he didn't even need to use words in order to show taunt, his face was enough to express the entire story.

Just like now, a one sided smirk was gracing his stupid face as Skye turned around. Fate was really not in her favor that is the reason, every time she attempts to do her business, he pops up out of no where.

She stayed silent as predatory steps approached her and stopped just few inches before her. His calculating gaze was roaming around her body and stopped at her fingers that were was nervously being tangled and untangled.

Amusement reflected through his eyes as his gaze met the girl's whose eyes were trying to focus on anything but him.

"I was expecting another letter," his voice forced her to see in his direction. He was in the uniform but the top three buttons of his uniform shirt were undone as if he was off his duty,"didn't your pretty boy get the chance to deliver one tonight?"

Anger was apparent in her eyes as she looked in his eyes. But due to some reason, his smirk grew bigger as if he was feeding off of her anger just like demon's feed off of fear.

Who knew he might be a demon in disguise!

"Whoa there!," He placed his palm in front as a protective gesture, now completely showing his amusement in his stance,"don't you devour me with that look of yours. I'm just curious to know, that's all." He shrugged and dug his hands in his side pockets.

Her brows creased at the nerve of this guy talking to her this rudely," what makes you think that you have any right to question me about my deeds?" Her annoyed voice boomed inside the room. He raised an eyebrow and she suddenly realized that she was standing inside the male chambers at the hour of night.

She squinted back a little hurriedly looking back at the entrance of the hall to see if anyone came rushing towards the room to chain her wrists and escort her the prison for verbally assaulting their so called commander and roaming around in male chambers at forbidden hours.

Taking advantage of her distraction, he took steps closer to her. Bewildered, she instantly stopped him by putting her hands on his chest to block his further movements.

Both stopped their movements and looked at her hands weekly pushing him on his chest. Her silent eyes detected dark look in his bold orbs when she found him not tearing his gaze from her.

His hands slowly engulfed hers and her eyes widened at the smoothness of his hold unlike his sharp words and dominating character. For a moment she was stunned, As if under his spell. He was bringing her hands upwards and close to his...mouth?

What was he going to do?

There is no way he's-he's going to-

She snatched her hands out of his hold before they could meet his lips and stepped back once again with a frown.

It seemed like he was in a daze too because his dark look instantly transformed into a cold one and his face turned blank, void of all the emotions that were trying to crawl out on his face just moments ago.

"Seems like you prefer other men, right?" His voice was dripping with venom and she couldn't help but feel mixture of fear and sadness.

He was the one who was making advances then how can he accuse her of all this.

"I don't prefer any man!" She retorted but her voice losing the strength that she expected to have.

"Doesn't look like it by the continuous visits you pay to the male chambers." He bit back.

"I don't come here to seek out men for that purpose!" She cried out, now her demeanor crumbling into ashes.

"Then why do you receive letters from bloody guards?" His hushed voice asked her questions when his eyes narrowed at her in moonlit room.

"I don't receive letters for myself!" She quickly retorted but then her hand flew up to her mouth when she realized what she had just said.

He brought his hands out of the pockets and looked at her with slightly parted lips. What did she actually mean by that?

What was she hiding?

She turned around and attempted to run away from him. Away from every single question that he asked her. Every single judgement that he put her through and every single emotion he made her feel. Sorrow, fear, madness, nervousness, confusion, she wanted to run from everything.

He instantly grabbed her hand and stopped her in her tracks," stop!" He demanded and tugged at her wrist but she she didn't turn back. She didn't want to face him.

"Look at me!" This time his voice held protest and her ears found it odd so she turned back in haste , not to miss the expression that she thought was just the trick of her ears.

He was taken aback at her glistening eyes, as her hand slipped through his and he let it. Her eyes looked so soft under the moonlight but he didn't miss the unshed tears that were threatening to ooze out of her eyes.

Before he could do something, she didn't give him a chance and ran away. Away from him.

His eyes followed her retreating figure for long time. He didn't realize that how long he had been standing there dumbstruck although she had had disappeared long ago, into the shadows that prevented him from seeing her.

To approach her.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••