chapter 26

It seemed like thousand needles were pricking her skull making it unbearable for her to stay asleep. She groaned at the awesomeness of her fate and begged her eyelids to put up a fight against the heavy stones draped over them and open up for goodness sake but they knew she was at their complete mercy.

She turned to the other side feeling the soft silky fabric underneath her fingertips and her eyebrows creased at the foreign feeling.

She doesn't sleep on such smooth sheets!

Her insides churned as the memory of last wakeful hours came rushing back, hitting her like a toppled over brick wall. She shoot up in a sitting position  and furiously rubbed her eyelids so that they can open up.

Finally when she looked around to decipher what was going on, a quiet gaspe escaped her lips as her eyes took in the red walls that came out nearly black due to slight amount of light nudging its way through the thick black curtains over windows. It seemed to be the evening time but she couldn't tell for sure. It could be the noon time with sun peaking right at the centre of the sky but the job of keeping the room black was done well.

As far as she could make out, she saw a giant bed beneath her which was supporting her weight in the reflection of a mirror of the dressing table placed right in front of it. She looked at her face only to only see the dark circles under her eyes created by the shadows lurking in that room matching the shade of her unruly hair.

Footsteps resonated outside the door that was right next to the dressing table and all her senses went to alert mode as she frantically looked around to find something, only to find a plush sofa sitting alone on fluffy rug covering the floor entirely. There was nothing on the bedside tables that she could pick up and hit the person whoever dared to hurt her.

Without a beat, door burst open to reveal a man who made her hands ball up the fabric of her sheets. Was it the nausea swirling in her stomach or the strict posture of this God-like man that made her insides churn, she wasn't sure. His calculating eyes assessed over her fragile form as if to see how much strength she had left in her body after everything that happened.

Slowly he made his way up to her making her back up on the bed until her back hit the bedpost. He however didn't sit but just stopped when he was couple of feet away from her. The way he stood there and authoritative manner that oozed out of his every single cell screamed that this place belonged him in every sense, regarding the inhabitants of the place as well, in whom she was now included as well. The thought itself left her in horror.

"Wha-what is this place?" She asked in a low voice to this grey eyed man.

His silhouette bent forward as he placed his both hands on her bed making her shrink back her stretched foot in the safety of her splayed out skirt. For a moment he eyed her folded legs and she thought he was going to touch them but then his eyes matched hers.

"You are in my chambers." His deep voice was foreign to her ears but something inside her recognized the familiarity.

His chambers!

He was the prince of Alexandria and a maid like her had no reason to be staying inside a prince's chambers,"I dont-" her voice trailed off as she tried to grasp the idea of it.

"You dont what?" Came his question and her eyes snapped back to his captivating ones.

"I dont understand-all this" she murmured.

A smirk morphed on his striking features and it seemed like his face glowed up in it's own shine which was not dependent on the mercy of sunshine. His hand held stray strands of her hair and moved them away but still leaving them untucked,"you don't have to, my beautiful goddess."

She sucked in a breath at the choice of name. She wasn't accustomed to anyone calling her by names other than her own. Only her mother and Leon...

Leon...

Fire lit up in her brown orbs as all the nervousness evaporated in thick air between them as she leveled her gaze at his. A mocking rise of his eyebrow indicating the glint in his grey that appeared almost dark in the shadows of the room was enough to build up a knot of unease inside her chest and all she wanted to do was charge on the man before her and demand the presence of commander Leon from him.

Last she saw commander Leon was writhing in the hold of those cruel soldiers as they prevented him from reaching up to me and securing her from the hold of this grey eyed man who held her prisoner under his creepy stare.

All she wanted right this moment was to get up and run away from this place. So far away that no one could reach her. But she had to get commander Leon on her side. There was nowhere she could go to. Only commander leon was the one whom she could trust in. She couldn't go back home. Her mother was long gone.

All the thoughts stuck in the middle as the images of her mother's body splayed tirelessly in front of her eyes played over and over again inside her head as if it was the centre of her world and the only thing she could focus on.
She didn't know why the world was this cruel to her mother who never wronged anybody.  What could she have done to meet such horrible death of her in the hands of cruel people.

Only if those soldiers hadn't got their hands on her. Only if she hadn't ran from that castle. None of this would have happened.

But what difference did it make? She was back in the arms of the man she ran away from. The very man held her in place under the scrutiny of his Burning gaze. But she wouldn't let everything go to the trash just like that.  She cant let her mother's death and torture over Leon go just like that. She will put up a fight and would go beyond her limits,facing her fears to get Leon and her normal life back although it seemed like a foreign idea to her now.

She didn't realize her lips were persed up but as the pain inside her heart grew unbearable, she bit her lip to ease the inner turmoil. Her teary eyes got the glimpse of redness that resembled blood pass his irises and she tried to clear her blurry vision.

His now slowly reddening eyes were set hard on her lip that was stuck in between her teeth that she quickly released, scared to wonder what she might have done wrong to induce such reaction from her.

She shrieked out abruptly as her back collided on the softness of the bed as he charged over her in a quick attempt only to cage her beneath him as his face hovered few inches above hers. His eyes though still set on her lips.

"Dont bite that again." His words confused her but she couldn't comprehend his words fully because he raised his hand and his thumb traced the fullness of her bottom lip, wiping the wetness and when he raised the thumb closer to his eyes, she saw drop of her blood resting on the surface of his thumb.

Her eyes widened as he sucked that drop off his thumb, closing his eyes up as if in pure ecstacy.

What was he doing?

A groan escaped him and before she could comprehend anything further, his lips claimed hers with such hunger that she was left to believe that he was starving for this for long.

Moan that escaped her lips muffled into his lips which filled the guilt inside her, leaving her regretting the show of pleasure that she just displayed and her palms started pushing his chest away. He sucked on the slight bruise of her bottom lip harder in response, relishing in the sweetness of her blood that was the purest drink for him.

If she was thinking that he was going to back off this time, then she was so wrong. He made a mistake to not follow his Instincts and deepen their bond at the first chance he got, but now he wouldn't let this chance slip through his hands and would make sure to claim her thoroughly so that he can sever in the bond that they would finally share through their mind link by which she would never be able to escape him again.

No matter where she went, he would know that for sure only to bring her right back in his arms,  where she belongs.

************************************