chapter 5

Coming inside the male's chamber was one thing but coming here to deliver a secret letter to a guard was whole other level of craziness. And to add up to that crazy behavior, this letter was not even hers.

Skye didn't know how many silent prayers she have had already made in her heart that she could never recall in the normal situation not knowing that they existed in her heart in the first place.

She placed her left foot a little outward to shift her weight on that and peaked from behind the wall in the room. There was no sign of the guard that lady Joanna indicated about. Sue tried to focus again reading every guard's appearance trying not to leave any chance of mistake when in the corner of her eye she  felt something shift.

Her head flew in that direction and she saw one man stopped in his tracks. Skye held her breathe hoping that he didn't stop because of her then he suddenly shifted his head in her direction and she hurriedly move backward to hide but Instead weight shifted in front of her, startling her and a scream left through her lips which was immediately covered by a huge masculine hand.

Her eyes were as wide as soccer and her lips parted behind the warmth of that hand. What she saw were two glowing red eyes staring right back at her and she definitely forgot how to breath for God knows how long.

She waited and waited but neither of then made a movement as if hypnotized for some reason. She felt like those eyes were holding her at that place and her every single fibre was stuck at the place, and wasn't allowed to move until signalled to do so by some unknown force.

Those red eyes were looking at something deep down inside her that she wasn't even able to understand what. She tried to take a good look at other features, other than those eyes to distract her from that cage which she knew was held captive into but nothing gave off in the dark.

Slowly those eyes moved down from her eyes to her nose and then down low and she felt the warmth of the hand was gone from her lips and air rushed inside her lips which she eagerly took through parted lips and those eyes rested on her lips and stayed there with a strange thing that flickered through those orbs that she could not quite comprehend. Once again her breath hitched and this time she didn't have courage to let it flow again.

A sharp voice made her jump on her feet making her body collapse in a solid one when her hands rested on wide hard chest and the material of the clothe beneath her hands felt like hard cotton which she was afraid would get crinkles by her hands' touch.

She heard footsteps carefully making way towards her and she starting hearing her heart thudding inside her chest. But that irregular beating of her heart was mingling with a calm peaceful one. She tried to focus on it and her attention shifted towards her right hand that was covering what she assumed was man's chest and calm beats of his heart were stroking her skin.

Steps were enclosing the distance and she quickly turned her head to left in case she was already exposed but a hand wrapped around hers which was enjoying those calming beats and similar warmth spread through her once again.

She looked back in awe at her hand which was engulfed in the darkness and then her eyes flew upward finding those red eyes again but this time it was different. Something was different. Those eyes- they weren't entirely red but were emanating specks of greenish dots inside.

She felt like the time had seized and once again the time was reviving itself. Those green little dots were expanding in front of her wide brown eyes and we're growing and growing until they turned entirely green. Those eyes were entirely green now that seemed like they could envelope her soul in eternal peace and warmth.