chapter 17

Skye turned to have a final look back at lady delilah, waving her hand. Lady's smile mirrored worry tainted smile of Skye's as she gestured her to hurry.

Skye finally sighed and dragged her feet towards the shore where she had to wait around for a boat to arrive and escort her to the nearby town.

Her hurried pace was subconscious because at the moment her mind was reeling back to all the occurrences that occurred in the span of such short period.

What worried her the most was, she couldn't face Lord Gregor Elliot-princess Joanna's father, who had already arrived in the castle and was supposed to meet his daughter to ask about possible suitors from past night ball.

Escaping from the castle was the only right option in the given circumstances according to lady Delilah and Skye trusted her. So lady Delilah arranged for Skye to sneak out of the castle before the arrival of the dire consequences of the mate bond.

She neared the shore at the far left corner, avoiding the possibility to be seen by anyone who might possibly be around. She carefully put the small bag on the ground in which she had little supplies for her journey and quietly sat on a big stone.

The shadows of the other rocks protected her from burning into the sunlight while cold wind flew past her, wiping her sweat that had formed on her forehead during coming here all the way from castle.

Lady told that it was about time when boat would usually pass this shore and she could hop on to that. Supposedly at least one boat passes by after every couple of hours. That means if she missed this boat then she would have to wait for the next two hours and she couldn't risk it given the circumstances here.

Who knows what might be happening in the castle right now. What if they had got the idea about princess' and her escape. It must have created a chaos.

Lord help lady Delilah cause she played with her own dear life just to help her in reaching at this place.

She would forever be her great ful.

As on instinct, she casted a glance backward from where she came but could not find lady Delilah. She must have rushed backward because it was extremely dangerous to let the people at the castle, get the idea that she somehow helped in the escape of prince Raine's mate.

The idea of mate ran bolt of shiver down her spine and her palms soothed her forearms to ease the tension in her muscles.

A dot came in sight of her vision and a gleam of hope erupted in side her chest making her instantly stand up. She shadowed her eyes by placing palm of her left hand on her forehead and her squinting eyes zeroed in on that dot in the water confirming her hopes being a boat itself.

Unable to wait any further, she picked up her bag and jumped down the rock, landing on her all force and bag landed a little far away from her.

Had it been any other situation, she might have blushed at her actions but right now, she could care less. She stood up in a blink of an eye and took a hold of bag's strap, sliding an arm through it as it lazily hung over her shoulder and she neared the edge   of the sand surface that met the steady ripples of the water.

Too focused on the slowly enlarging boat that was now nearing her, she missed a man having a bathe at not so far from her. A slashing sound erupted the train of her focus and her head flew towards the half naked man standing at a little distance, analyzing her curiously.

Her heart started beating some wild beat at the recognition of this man whose curious gaze was now transformed into a confused one when the realization hit him in the gut.