chapter 32

A loud thump resonated inside the chambers and prince Raine spun on his heels to find Skye's body lying limp on the fuzzy carpet. He rushed inside commanding the guard to call upon maids who hurried on his prince's command.

Raine gently pulled Skye up in his arms and scurried her over to the warmth of his bed. Cursing at the severity of the situation, he shook his head to clear the cloudiness of his mind and fixed the blanket atop her body.

He observed her deathly pale face and his chest constricted at her reducing health. Moving the rare brown locks away from her face, he kissed her forehead, his lips lingering there and he stayed in that position with his eyes closed as if he could feel the tranquility oozing out of her soul.

Pairs of shoes rushed over to the chambers and he glanced around to find Madeline, the royal physician standing on the doorway in wait of getting permitted to enter. Upon the nod of his head she hurriedly barged in, eyes fully focused on skye and prince Raine got up and stepped aside to let her examine skye.

Leaving Madeline there, he exited the chambers to find guard patiently waiting for him to come along. Not sparing anymore time, both made their way to the king.

~~~

"Father, how dare king Gregor Elliot execute commander when he knew it was overstepping the boundaries!" Prince cried out.

"It is ridiculously foolish of him to think we are going to give in to his unnecessary demands." Said king crossing his hands on his back. His eyes were squinted together indicated the rage that was brewing inside him, making his eyebrows crease in deep thought. The very thought of Hermione king's wrongdoing unsettled him.

Prince could sense the uneasiness of king and his solemn face himself gave away the signs of unforgiveness of king Gregor for breaking the treaty of the two states. Both kings had mutually agreed in past to safeguard the people and rights of each other's state and not to let any harm come to them unless no matter the cause unless negotiated.

But only he broke the treaty by executing commander and broke their trust but had the nerve to make demands.

"What type of demands does he make?" Prince asked as his body alerted in anxiousness.

King looked at prince for a moment and his silence was making prince think of every possible scenario that could go wrong but he didn't let it show over his firm stature.

"He demands of getting the authority of your woman."

This made the last of the patience to decipate from prince's body and he saw red," What makes him think that I will let that happen," he growled taking a step forward," i will push the stake right through his heart million times before he could utter her name again through his filthy tongue."

He was heaving so hard that king and everyone in the throne room could sense him losing control over his inner beast and king cautiously weighed his son's words and then moved forward to place his hand on his shoulder,"this isn't the matter to be taken by light head. After her absence beside the commander is the reason king Gregor became mad and dared to break the treaty. He wants to warn us." King's heavy words hung in the thick air.

Prince clenched his jaws as he looked straight in king's eyes," what are you getting at, father?" He hissed in anger but king knew better than mind the careless note in his son's voice for he understood the underlying confusion his son was going through.

" If we didn't return skye to them, they will strike a war and killing commander was a first step to their unleashed fury." King said trying to make prince understand.

"And I-" prince jabbed his forefinger in his own chest stiffly while glaring back at his father,"would be damned to let them have what they crave for." The rough edge to his voice displeased the king for he removed his hand from prince's shoulder and squared his shoulders while leveling his eyes with his son's making prince realize how abrasive his attitude had become and he quickly lowered his eyes.

"You are forgetting your manners, boy," king grumbled in his face and then gestured towards all the other royal members seated around listening carefully to their conversation, "we are going to protect your chosen if that's what troubles you and rest assured you need naught worry for your father is yet very well alive." King's strict demeanor couldn't hide the fatherly love he had for his only son and then he turned away from prince and advanced towards his throne.

"Go and make sure your woman is gets proper care." King's command brought prince's feet to motion and he bowed his head in obedience.

"Aye, my liege." He answered and spun back towards the wooden doors with only one thought in his mind.

Skye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~