Communicating

"...I feel lonely, MC..." A voice rang out. It was a female voice, silently speaking.

"...I miss you...I want to talk to you...I can't wait to talk to you again..."

"...If only we can meet face to face..."

Your alarm jolted you awake at exactly 6:30 in the morning. You slammed the alarm off in hopes no one heard. Although the only one you were concerned about was your brother, your parents were out the door by 6 AM. They work hard but with a cost; they never really spent time with you and your brother. It wasn't really a shock, they have to work to keep you under a roof. Although it's sad and lonely, it can't be helped. You appreciated your parents for that. You slowly got out of bed and took your school uniform. Once changed, you fix your hair and went downstairs. You whooped up some breakfast and ate, leaving some for your brother, Allen. You then brushed your teeth, packed your backpack, and walked out the door. School was a 10 minute walk, 2 minute drive. You preferred to walk. You liked the morning air and view. Besides, going on a ride with Allen is absolute torture. He would rant and rant about his recent break up, he basically used you as an emotional trash can. As you walked to school, there was one thing that filled your mind;

Monika.

You are still in disbelief. Monika, a fictional character, is talking to you. As if she's a real person. You could've sworn the website wasn't hacked, nor the game. If that were the case, the creators would point it out, right? So if the creators aren't pointing it out, then it must be the game. Unless the creators hacked into the game and want to talk. No, if that were the case then the creator would've told you, right? If not then those creators are some weird creeps.

Then again, you felt as if this situation isn't from the creators nor any hacker. You felt as if it's real.

It's as if the imaginary leaked into reality in a way.

By thinking that had 2 reactions from you; you felt disturbed yet excited. It's disturbing that the unthinkable popped up, yet it's exciting because it relates to the unknown. You always wanted to seek the unknown. You never know what lies in the darkness, what waits for discovery.

It wasn't long before you got to school. Who knew thinking so much made the travel quicker?

--------------

You have used the entire school day focusing on work, so you would have nothing to worry about when you get home, leading the rest of the day with Monika. You felt so determined to talk to her, so many answers would be answered.

"You've been busy." You heard a male speak. You rolled your eyes, closed your chemistry book and looked up at the male.

"Go away Allen. Use someone else as your emotional trash can."

"Awww what's wrong? Can't see my sister?" Allen smirked and messed with your hair, "I see you're doing work for the first time in a while, what gives?"

"What do you mean 'what gives'?" You raised an eyebrow,

"You are all over work, it's not like ya." Allen frowned, "You are usually asleep or trying to be social."

"Well this time I want to work, is there a problem to that?" You asked him.

"Well, for you yeah. You're so dumb and lazy it's kind of surprising to see you actually do something." Allen chuckled

"Just leave me alone." Your eyes avoided his and made contact with the textbook. Allen raised his hands up, his eyes narrowed.

"Fine, jeez your highness." Allen scoffed and walked out of the classroom. You noticed a couple of eyes on you, but that didn't really bother you. Right now, you got to finish all this work if you want to spend the rest of the day with Monika.

__________

You had to stay in school for about 20 minutes in order to complete the day in school. Allen ditched you when the bell rang. For him it's either you're there in front of his car the minute the bell rings or he's gone. He doesn't care on waiting for you, and honestly at this point you don't care. Right now your top priority is Monika. You ran all the way home, once you got there you slammed the door shut and gave a gasp of breath.

"What took you so long ya brat?" You heard Allen shout lazily.

"Had...had to finish stuff...why......do you care all of a sudden?" You spoke between breathes.

"Because mom was lecturing me on the phone because you weren't home." Allen responded,

"Okay sweet." You ran to the kitchen, made a quick sandwich, and took a water bottle from the fridge. "I'll be upstairs in my room so don't bother me." You spoke rapidly as you ran up the stairs and into your room.

"As if I'd want to go in your room." Allen mumbled and smirked at his little comeback.

-----

You slammed the door shut and bolted to the bed. You put the sandwich and water beside and opened your laptop. You clicked the Doki Doki icon, and pop the main title came on. You raised an eyebrow, you thought it would go to Monika. However the moment you clicked 'continue', the screen froze and reverted back to the screen you saw the previous night. You saw the brunette girl, sitting on a desk and staring at you with her green eyes, and her smile.

"Welcome back, MC." A text came. You smiled at the screen,

"...Hi Monika." You spoke softly.

"You're a little late, what happened?"

"I wanted to finish all my school work, so I can have time to talk to you."

"......Oh." The text paused, "...Really?"

"Yeah." You nodded, "I want to spend some time with you, I have so many questions."

"...You put so much effort in school, to have free time to talk to me?"

"Yeah." You nodded,

"...Well, how about this, instead of working your butt off after school hours...bring some work over and I can help."

"You can do that?" You asked,

"Well, I may be in a screen, but I am a high school student." You saw Monika wink at you.

"HEY, STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF UP THERE." You heard Allen scream. You bit your lip, and the text held 3 dots.

"...You can type if you want." The text provided you space to type. With a smile, you typed,

"Thanks Monika!"