Ch.25 Dinner

******
"Damn we look good!" Marie says as we all finish our makeup. Marie has straitened her hair and Val has hers curled. I curled my hair but brushed it out so it's more wavy. For makeup we all went for simple looks. None of us are wearing foundation, we don't need it and we hate the feeling of it.

"Yes we do!" Val says. "Sage isn't going to be able to keep his eyes off of you. None of the guys are." A blush finds it's way into my cheeks.

"I forgot to tell you that everyone who's going to be at the dinner tonight has seen the video of you sparring." Marie says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because they have to know what you're capable of otherwise there will be rumors that the only reason you're in is because of Sage, and that will start fighting and our gang will fall apart." She answers. I guess that makes sense.

We all find heels to wear. I decide to pair red heels with my grey dress. It adds a nice pop of color. Marie goes for black heels with her black dress. Val is wearing a beautiful cream color dress that hugs her upper body and loosens around her legs. She wears tan heels.

We leave Marie's room. We are a little late to the dinner. Oops. Marie leads the way down the underground halls. I hope we can get out of this bunker soon. I want fresh air, but I also want to be safe.

As we walk into the dinning room everyone's eyes are on us. I begin to feel nervous, but then my eyes meet Sage's. He's smirking and his eyes roam down my body.

"See we told you everyone would be watching you." Val whispers. I shake my head.

"Not just me. You guys too." I say.

"No, Eden, just you." They prove that by walking away. Yep, just me. Sage walks over to me and kisses my cheek.

"Thank you for saving me." I say as I intertwine my fingers with his.

"Of course. You looked uncomfortable and everyone was watching you, I had to do something." He says. We sit down towards the end of a very, very long table. His father is at the head of it, his mother is to his fathers left side and Sage is on his right. I'm sitting on Sage's right and Marie is next to her mom across from me. Then comes the inner circle, Val next to me, then Shawn across from her and Jasper next to him and Carter next to Val. I see Caia a little further down the table. I wonder if she's nice?

We talk for a while about random things and it's nice light conversation.

"So, Eden," Mr. Palmer says. I bring my attention to him. "Your training today was quite impressive."

"I suppose so." I say. He laughs.

"You suppose so it was incredible." A man sitting next to Carter says.

"Yes, it was incredible, thank you smith, but on another note, I'd like to have you in my inner circle." I hadn't noticed but at the sound of Mr. Palmer's voice everyone was looking at us. As he said that there were mumbles of disagreement.

"Her?"

"It's just because she's dating his son!"

"I've been in this gang longer!"

"She needs to prove herself!"

Mr. Palmer slams his hand down on the table.

"Enough! If you all don't believe me that she's worthy, I guess she'll just have to show you all herself." He says. I look at Sage.

"What does that mean?" I ask him. His eyes turn dark.

"It means he wants you to fight someone." He says.