How to Hide Your Animal

Therians are surrounded all the time by humans. It can be very difficult to not act like the animal you are when this happens. We want to be able to express ourselves, but not all humans know or understand what a therian is. It can be difficult.

I've had bad experiences with showing my therian side around others. But here's how I've learned how to handle it. I go to high school still and it can be hard to control my wolf sometimes. When there are crowds, I want to whimper, but I hold it back because if someone heard me, they would think I was weird and make fun of me.

I don't growl at people I'm not a fan of, nor do I claw at their faces when they try to start fights with me. Sometimes my wolf will come out whenever I see people picking on my friends. That's when I get involved and tell them to stop it and leave them alone. As an alpha, Luna protects her pack.

When I'm around my family, my wolf is out a bit more because my parents know that I'm a therian. They allow me to act like a wolf occasionally. The only times I'm not allowed to are when I have chores I need to take care of, when I'm eating, or when we're having family time. The family time is kind of hard for me because Luna just wants to be with the humans. She's loving and affectionate.