Thirteen

The next couple months went by quickly. Jaxon, Charlie and I stuck to a basic routine. I woke up, went to school, came home, cooked with Charlie, did home work, then went to bed. It was boring and simple, but having things less hectic make this place feel more like home.

Spencer introduced me to his group of friends and we all became really close, I went out with them whenever I could.

Today was the day of the Annual Alpha Meeting. Basically all the alphas met in one pack, this year it was my old pack hosting, and they talked about everything and how things were working out.

Jaxon and I went to my old pack early so I could spend time with my family before they were all too busy with business meetings and whatnot.

I, personally, was incredibly bored the whole day. Both my family and mate were in those meetings and I was stuck at home along, debating on weather or not to call my old friend, Hayden, to clear the air between us. Last time I visited, he was incredibly pissed that I was with Jax.

I understand why but I miss his clever texts and out coffee dates, if I had to choose between him and Jaxon, I would obviously choose Jax, but it would be nice to have Hayden back in my life.

Thinking of Hayden and my old life had me wondering why I even got here in the first place. So many questions that I hadn't thought of before filled my mind. Why did we get arrested for hacking into a school computer? What was my pack trying to hide? Why were my test scores changed?

I made a mental note to get answers from Jaxon when I got home.

But, since I had nothing to do at the time, I grew a pair of balls and finally decided to call Hayden.

He picked up after the third ring and we were stuck in an awkward silence for a while.

"Coffee date?" He finally asked breaking the silence.

"I'll meet you at our spot in 5," I smiled before hanging up.

I pull one of my old sweatshirts over my body and start the short walk to our favorite coffee shop.

When I got there, I saw my long lost best friend sitting in our booth. He looked different than before, older- more mature.

When he saw me walking towards him, he pulled me into one of his famous bear hugs.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I shouldn't have gotten so angry at you, I didn't realize how much I would miss you,"

I squeezed him tighter before finally letting go and sitting across from him.

"I'm sorry too, I should have explained before things got out of hand, I should have called you sooner- I just didn't know what to say, I knew you wouldn't be happy, so I just put it off, I shouldn't have," I apologize as well.

"Well now that that's out of the way, we really need to catch up!" He laughs, changing the tone of our conversation to something more positive.

"Of course! You look so different- mature," I laugh teasing him a bit.

"I found my mate, her names Abigail- she's the daughter of the beta of pack 5," He exclaims happily 

"No way!! Congrats, I want to meet her now so badly," I laugh before adding, "where is she?"

"She stayed home, she's sick but you have to come over and meet her before you leave, and bring Alpha Jaxon as well so him and I can have a fresh start if we're going to be besties again!"

"Deal," I laugh at his excitement.

"How is he anyways? I know I don't exactly like him yet... but does he at least treat you well?" He asked me.

"He does," I smile slightly, "he has a daughter, Charlie- she's the cutest thing ever, I spend all my spare time with her- and I started school again so i actually made some friends there which is cool, and Jax is just- Jax. He seems all tough, but he's a huge softie,"

Hayden and I talked for an hour before we decided to head home before it got too late.

I realized in that moment how much I had missed my best friend.