Seventeen

As I slowly made my way over the border of Jax's pack, I felt the mate bond pull us to each other, and before I knew it, Jax was in front of me, hugging me tighter than ever before.

"I was so worried," he exclaimed, almost letting out tears, "where were you, Taylor?,"

"I'm sorry, I just needed some time to clear my head, everything just been happening so quickly, and I guess physically I've been here, but mentally, I just needed some time to catch up," I shook my head, lying to his face.

I don't know how I will get myself out of this rut but I needed to figure it out quickly, because lying to him hurts to bad.

He carried me back to our house, even though I protested, and layed me on the bed, letting me drift off to sleep before I knew it.

Jax's POV

When she explained to me, where she had been, I saw the single drop of sweat drop down her forehead. I heart her heart quicken, as she lied to me.

I didn't know what was going on with her, but I knew all I needed to know, that my mate, my love was home safe for now.

I watch her as she slept, not in a creepy way, but in a way that said I'll be there for her, to protect her from all evil.

Taylor's POV

I woke up the next morning in Jax's arms, dreading having to go to school today. I knew if I went, I would have to see Spencer, and get my first 'task'. I also knew that there was no way Jax would let me skip, he cared about my education too much.

"What do you think about online schooling?" I asked my mate as he woke up next to me.

"Taylor, what's going on?" He asked, as if he had been wondering it forever.

"Nothing, I just haven't really been making any real friends and I don't see the point," I stared at the ceiling as he got out of bed beside me, and started to pull me up.

"Just try it for a little while longer, I promise everything will be okay,"

I smiled at him, hiding my true feelings, and got out of bed.

After putting on a sweatshirt and leggings, I got in Jax's car, never ready for what will happen next.

Okay a/n, I know it's short but at least it's something. I'm sorry guys. I really am trying, I'm just in a bad place right now with my writing.