Twenty

Warning ⚠️ Self harm and suicide attempts in this chapter.

Home from school, I acted like everything was normal. I spent the afternoon with Jax and Charlie at the park and watching movies. Charlie's bright smile always managed to make my day 10x better, but the feeling doesn't last.

I called my family at home, and talked to them for a while, making sure they all knew that I loved them. Lastly, I called Hayden, making sure he knew I loved him.

After dinner, Jax and I read Charlie bedtime stories, as she fell asleep.

Jax and I just cuddled for a while last night. We didn't talk much, we didn't need to.

As soon as he fell asleep, I knew that it was time. I carefully slipped out of bed, making sure I didn't wake him up. Then, I made my way to his office. Sitting in his desk, I started to write the note.

Dear Jax,
When I first met you, I didn't understand how anyone could love you. You have done horrible things to me, and my friends, especially my friends... but that's not the reason for all of this. In fact, as time passed, I found myself falling head over heals for you. I love you. I love you more than everything, and I hope you never forget about me. Since I accepted my fate with this pack, I have tried to be the best Luna I could. It never seemed like I was able to do much. Now is my chance. I need to warn you, warn you about what really happened when I went to the woods. I was taken by the rebels. They are trying to use me, to get insider information about you, and our pack. If I don't give them what they want, they will kill everyone close to me. One of my friends already lost their lives because I wouldn't do what they ask. I'm afraid for Charlie, my family, Hayden, your parents, and you. It seems that the only way to stop these horrible people from using me, is for me to be gone. Please don't be sad. I'll always be with you, in your heart. But now I need to go be with my friends again. I need to be with my parents. I need to be with Audrey, and I need to be with Gwen, the girl who lost her life for this packs security. I'll be watching over you.

Love forever,
Hazel Taylor Grey
Luna of Pack 1, Punishment.

I set the pen down, my hands shaky, and pulled myself off of Jaxon's chair.

In his desk, the bottom drawer, there was a silver knife, laced in wolfsbane, in case of emergencies. It was in a velvet pouch.

I help that pouch, and ran out to the Lake Jaxon took me to, one last time.

Standing over the water, I slowly removed the knife from the pouch, and held its handle firmly, before stabbing it into my heart.