Kidnapped by a Psychopath- Chapter 16

This is goddamn long chapter.

AMBER RAIN:

"In truth you like the pain. You like it because you believe you deserve it."

The rest of my day had gone just as the previous ones had gone. I was locked him my room; alone with my thoughts for hours at a time. The same frail maid had brought me a small lunch and a plain dinner. I couldn't eat, my appetite nonexistent, since Caden's lesson. His words wouldn't leave my thoughts, his sinister tone leaving me scared. His motives were so hot and cold. He seemed protective, of course for his own benefit, but then he was threatening my life. He was only confirming I was temporary to his agenda. He was confirming when he got what he wanted, I would be dead.

Gone. He would murder me. Caden would consider that his prize.

Right now it was around 8:34pm. My room was dark. I had the window curtains drawn, sealed tightly with a silk rope. The sun had been too bright. I was angry at the happiness it shone, it made me crave freedom even more. I couldn't bear the sight of it.

I was under the freshly cleaned covers, their smell radiating flowers. No longer there was dirt and blood stains smeared on the sheets. They were stripped and washed when I was training with Caden. Mr. Moretti.

I was so anxious after "training" with Caden, my legs wouldn't stop shaking. He ordered one of his beefy men to guide me back to my room. The man was emotionless, quickly leading me here with my arms pinned behind me. But, the clean bed lifted my mood and calmed me down as soon I collapsed on the cold silk head first.

I was out as soon as that happened. I was asleep for the remainder of the afternoon. Completely out cold. I had been shut off from the rest of the mansion. When I woke up, there was a cold plate of mixed vegetables and some kind of seasoned meat placed at my bedside. Lamb I believe. The service who'd brought the meal hadn't bothered my slumber and the food sat wasting away. It was unappetizing and I pushed it away, the smell turning my stomach.

But, now that I was awake after being asleep for so many hours, I was becoming restless. I was kicking and squirming under the sheets for so many minutes before I gave up, throwing them off me and onto the carpeted floor with a loud groan.

I sat up and placed my feet on the floor, standing up and heading to the bathroom.

I couldn't stay in this room any longer. I was feeling too cramped and more captive then I should be in such a large piece of land.

Caden Moretti could suck my ass with his Mother Gospel attitude. I wanted to go exploring.

I peeled the workout clothes off my body, feeling my muscles tightening at the movement. I was so sore. I threw the leggings and top into the bamboo styled hamper. I pulled out my ponytail, letting my dark waves cascade down my spine. I ran a hand through my hair, gaining relief from pulling at the roots.

I slipped on some jean shorts I spotted earlier in the dresser and pulled a red tank top over my head. I stayed barefoot as I exited the room quickly. The lights were already out as I pulled the door shut behind me, letting it close quietly.

My feet padded down the dark hallway against the cold wooden floors. I was trying to stay quiet and scope out my surroundings but the area was so unlit I couldn't see three feet in front of me. I was worried about tripping or ungracefully falling down the marble staircase. Wherever it stood.