9 (Rewritten)

My breath hitched.

It captivated me. There must have been 100 shades of green in his eyes. I couldn't look away.

He was waiting for an answer but I couldn't open my mouth to speak. I could tell that every moment of silence was making him angrier.

His breathing became labored and his eyes grew darker.

"I guess we'll just have to fix that then Harley," he drawled out my name.

"How do you know my name?" My voice came out weaker than I wanted. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he frightened me.

"I know everything about you. Your name. Your favorite color. Your dreams. Your aspirations. What turns you on..." His face was inches for mine.

I blushed furiously at the last line.

"I need to go," I whispered meekly. 

"Oh no, no doll" he chuckled. "You are not leaving anytime soon," his husky accent came out. Where was he from? I gave him a confused look implying that I needed some form of explanation. There was no way that I was staying here at 1 in the morning.

"You see Harley, I invited you here-"

"You invited me?" I cut him out with an exasperated tone. He raised his eyebrows and shot me a glare,  obviously not appreciating my interruption.

"Yes, I did. I hope you enjoyed my little... gift," He replied referring to that scary-ass jack in the box.

"Join us. Join this circus." He continued not waiting for my response.

Is this guy deranged?

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" I asked.

"You see Harley, the circus would love to have you join us." 

"Why?" My mind was running all over the place. There was something off about this clown and I really wanted to get out of here. It was late and I still needed to figure out if Sam was okay.

"Because your soul smells absolutely delicious and I would just love to devour it," He gave a lopsided grin with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.