Chapter 2

My hand slipped when we went over a bump in the car, and my forehead smacking against the window was enough to wake me.

I heard Finneas chuckle from behind, and turned to jokingly glare at him.

Finneas and I instantly clicked once we found him at the airport. He is honestly the sweetest guy I have ever met - he smiled like a little kid when he first saw me, and I swear it was like I'd already known him. The whole way back to the car, we were dawdling behind Mike - he was telling me about everyone else on the tour, what to expect, where we'll be staying...

"Rose?"

I hummed in response to Finneas' voice from the back seat, continuing to check the messages I got when my phone was on airplane mode.

"Do you know anyone in LA already? Or are you literally flying solo out here?" He laughed.

"Actually," I started. "I made friends with these twins when they were in England on some tour once, and we've stayed friends ever since. Justin and Ethan. I'd say I'm closer to Ethan by quite a lot, but they're both lovely."

Finneas pursed his lips and raised his eyebrows, nodding. I quickly typed out a message to the twins whilst I remembered, whilst Finneas fiddled with the AUX cord.

triplets 💞
rose: guess who's in LA!
ethan: please be nicki minaj
justin: YES!! how was your flight? did everything go okay at the airport?
rose: thank you Justin, it was amazing 💚 fuck you ethan 💙
ethan: ;) ❤️

We pulled up to the venue about half an hour later. Soundcheck was still in progress, so we couldn't go to the hotel until later on.

Finneas slung his arm over my shoulders as we walked towards the back entrance.

"Don't worry about first impressions or anything, most of the people in there are douchebags," he mumbled, laughing as I giggled at him.

He pulled the door open, stepping back and gesturing for me to go inside.
However, before I could even step forward, two colourful blurs burst through the door and straight into me.

They were clearly arguing, as I'd heard them shouting before we even opened the door, but only one of them continued to. I felt a hand on my back before I turned around to look at them.

"Bro, oh my god, I'm so sorry!"