Chapter 32

"What?" I laughed at Claudia as she shook her head, Finneas looking up from his paper.

The brunette grinned, running her hand through her hair and glancing over at Finn as they smiled to each other, silently communicating as I sighed jokingly.

Billie hesitantly lifted her head from where she'd comfortably buried it into my hoodie, glaring at the couple with furrowed eyebrows.

"If you guys wanna say something, then say it. Shit, man, I was comfy and everything," the black-haired girl whined as I ran my nails along her scalp lightly again, feeling her sigh as she rested her cheek on my leg.

Claudia chuckled under her breath and readjusted her legs on her chair as Finneas carried on messing about with his music equipment. "All I was going to say," she started, locking eyes with Billie as a playful twinkle shined behind her own. "... is that you would be cute together. That's all."

And with that, she turned to help Finneas with whatever he was doing, immersing themselves in quiet conversation as Billie hesitated to move for a second, before resting her other cheek on my leg so that she was facing me. Her eyes flickered up towards my own as she smiled shyly, a slightly blush dusting her pale cheeks before she covered her face with her hands, complaining as I laughed quietly.

I could hear Billie's voice talking softly on the phone in the other room as I changed in the bedroom. She was trying to get the evening off so we could all go into town together for a meal or something to celebrate the start of tour, so she had to get out of soundcheck.

Pulling my shirt over my head, I tossed it across the room into the laundry basket as I wandered into the bathroom, getting ready to do my makeup for the day. I heard Billie's voice get a bit louder as the opened the door to the bedroom, the noise of her messily tossing away her shoes making me smile.

When I eventually wandered out of the bathroom, I noticed Billie was sprawled out on the bed, still mumbling away on the phone. Her eyes locked with mine as I smiled at her, watching a small smirk appear on her face. Her eyes flickered down my body as I suddenly became extremely conscious of the fact that I was dressed solely in my underwear.

I briskly walked across the room to the open suitcase on the floor as I heard Billie laugh under her breath, her eyes following me as she carried on speaking on the phone.

I fished through the case until I found the right clothes, and noticed Billie's eyes flick up to meet my own from wherever she was looking beforehand. Tossing the pile of clothes lightly onto the end of the bed, I fiddled with my shirt as I tried to find the opening, noticing Billie sit up to crawl over to me, snatching the shirt out of my hands.

"Yeah, it'll only be tonight. Just for a meal of something, I guess," she muttered into her phone, holding my waist with one hand as she slowly backed me against the wall, her lips grazing against mine barely.

I could feel her breath against my lips as she spoke softly into her phone, brushing her nose against my own as her fingers traced the skin of my waist, sliding gently up my body until she got to my neck. Her hand wrapped almost feather-lightly around my throat, and I bit her bottom lip softly as I heard her inhale shakily.

A voice on the other end of the call said something to her, but she was out of it, alternating her stare from my lips to my eyes. She wasted no time in hanging up her phone to toss it behind her on the bed, crashing her lips into mine and wrapping my legs around her waist as my hands slid into her hair.

Yeah, um...

We were a little late to dinner.