Chapter ten - The Letter

~Y/n~

You and Harry wonder into the great hall, and he drags you over to the Gryffindor table, no one seems to mind so you relax a bit.

You see Hermione deep in a book and Ron was lazily snacking beside her.

"Maybe you got some mail." Harry says to cheer you up. You look up at a sound of squawking and see two owls coming to your table.

You and Harry. Harry received a large package and you on the other hand a small letter. You didn't mind, you were curious at who got Harry something.

"You first Harry." You smile wanting to see what the boy got. He opens it to see a broom.

"A broom?" He ponders out loud.

"Not any broom a nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed. Gryffindors surrounded the boy. You on the other hand opened you letter as he was getting swooned over. You read the letter. Petting Stormcatcher.

Dearest Daughter Y/n,

We regret to inform you that we'll be unable to spend the holidays together. The ministry is in trouble and we couldn't get out of it. I'm sorry y/n. But you can stay with the Malfoys or at Hogwarts, we will inform you of any changes. We wish you the best on your schoolwork.

Hope you and Malfoy are getting along.

Farewell and Take care, Your parents.

You felt tears well up in your eyes. You tell Stormcatcher to go to the owlery.  It's unwise to be around you upset. They're going to miss yet another family event due to work. It's not the first time they've done this. You stand up gripping the letter tightly and storm off into the halls. You could see Harry trying to call you over but you ignored him, you needed to be alone right now.

You see Cedric in the halls he waved but you just walk by not saying a word, you need to go somewhere private. You run into the last person you want to see right now: Draco.

"Hey, Blood traitor, whatcha' doing here?" Draco asked standing in your way with his body guards. Goyle sneered at you and you didn't have the time or energy to deal with them.

"Get out of the way Draco." You warned, avoiding eye contact in order to not show him your red, tear-filled eyes.

"Why should I blood traitor?" Draco sneered. He wouldn't let you push past.

"I said move Malfoy!" You practically screamed in his face making him jump, you knew he could see your tear stained face and you just pushed past the stunned boy at this point. You crawled all the way up to the Astronomy tower. Finally you could be alone for a moment.

The wind lightly running through you. You were alone up there, it was quite late almost curfew, but you didn't care. You cried and just felt alone. Harry is a celebrity, Hermione is too smart for you, Ron doesn't trust Slytherin's. Malfoy- Draco is being Draco. Your own parents don't pay attention to you, they take any chance they can to leave you in the dust.

Flashback

It was your ninth birthday today... no one was in the house but the elfs. You looked sad and broken throughout the day. They weren't there since your fifth, your sister was off at school most of the time. You were alone.

You spent your time cooking to impress your parents, they only got mad at you for doing an 'elf/ muggle  job'. You couldn't' win. You wondered around your manor. you had little to no friends with the little amount of contact outside the manor you had. You had made a promise to always help those who were scared, alone those who didn't know it yet. Those like Malfoy who have been fed opinions. Maybe they would understand they're not alone. It's a big part in why you attempted to help Neville, and Draco.

You felt the memory shake out of you when you heard footsteps behind you. You wiped your tears and looked at the person...

"What do you want Draco?" You asked turned your back to him looking out on school.

"I wanted to see if you're okay." He said with sincerity.

"Heh, yeah I'm good. Now leave." You ordered him. He stepped closer, he could tell you were lying and you hated it.

"You were crying." He states looking at you kindly.

"You're seeing things." You fake laugh trying to make him leave.

"Y/n you were crying, you don't have to say why, you don't even have to speak. But you can't let it build up." He said with a hand on your shoulder.

You quickly grabbed him and cried into him. He noticed the letter in your hand but doesn't move to ask.

After a few minutes of crying you sniffle and back off of Draco.

"Thank you. Draco." You say softly. You held him close still, not enough to be awkward but enough to be comfortable.

"You'd do the same for anyone. You're good like that." Draco says. You sigh and hand him the letter you received. Backing off him slightly.

You didn't say anything but it was an understanding of 'read this. This is why I was upset'.

"Y/n this is great you can stay with us over the holidays!" He said touching your arm.

You gave a closed mouth chuckle and then he realised.

"It's not the first time, they've done this to you, is it?" He looks genuinely sad and concerned. You look down sad and in pain.

"You know my family is similar, or well my father. He leaves for work all the time... I miss him all the time." He reveals.

"I just want you to know. You can talk to be with stuff like this. It'll help the both of us." Draco explained, holding your hand.

"Okay. And Draco. You tell anyone about this, and I'll end up pushing you out of this tower." You smiled. You Laughed lightly punching Draco in the arm.

"Okay, L/n- Y/n. Thanks for this." He says lightly and you both walk back to the dormitories.

You notice you have a few minutes to curfew and you both trot over to the dorms, dodging professors and pulling each other around corners. Once you're in the common room you thank him before you go your separate ways. When you come in Bay and Alli are both asleep and you smile. Draco Malfoy surprised you today. He really could change.

You change into your Pj's and observe everything in the room. You feel a little less alone in this school, thanks to Draco. You smile and drift off to sleep in a much better mood thanks to Draco Malfoy of all people.

(Also yes I know the photo has the Hogwarts seal but shh! I like it.)