Chapter 21 - The Goddess' Trust

(A/N: This took a long time to write for the route I wanted to go down. Sorry if it doesn't seem as good as the other chapters, it was the best I could do for my route. I also hurt my back so it took a little longer since it was hard to focus on the story.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Turns out the name of the girl was Melianne Cilvine, and she was actually the princess of the Fox-Clan. So, it seems that for the beastmen race, each of them has a king/queen for each race. However, perhaps for the feline types there might be just one king/queen for all those clans, followed by representatives. It seems that the Fox-Clan has their own seat though, and isn't represented by a "Canine King" so that's cool.

It's not really my first time meeting a princess, so I didn't really show any reaction to that. What I was more interested in, was how she found a way to hide her ears and tail to look more human. I tried asking her about the method behind doing so, but she just told me that it was a technique used by the royal family.

I secretly tried asking Sana if she knew the method, since she has been around for millennia she might at least heard the technique. However, she said she didn't know the method since she wasn't allowed to leave that often hen she was in power.

Hmmmm...since I just saved the princess, then maybe I can ask for the technique as payment? You know, along with the reward for the dragon subjugation. My plan now is to gain this new technique...Why? Well, just because.

But first I asked the princess, "Hey Princess Cilvine What are you even doing out here near the Rikuru Village in the first place?" Now I was hoping that she was as beautiful on the inside as she as on the outside, but it's like a switch was flipped in her or something and she snapped back at me, "Are you stupid or something? Obviously I as kidnapped! However, before anything could happen, that dragon came along and killed my kidnappers!"

As soon as she opened her mouth I lost all interest in her. She sounded like she was some spoiled brat...I mean I know she's a princess and all, but still. So now that I've saved a life, I have to escort a beautiful princess with an ugly personality back to Serali. Ugh, I really wish I knew some space magic that could teleport, sadly I don't know the magic...although maybe Sana knows it since her space magic is a higher level than my own?

When I tried asking her, she said she can't use the spell properly. What she did tell me was that the spell was called Gate, and that it will open a gateway and transport the caster to any location that they have been to before.

I really want to learn Gate now, although it might take a long time to train up my space magic...wait. SKILL POINTS I completely forgot about them!

Realizing this, I quickly open up the skill menu:

____________________________________________________________

Skill Points Available: 42

Please select a skill you want to acquire,

Or a skill that you wish to upgrade.

____________________________________________________________

I quickly checked how much it was going to cost me to upgrade spatial magic so that I could use the Gate spell.

____________________________________________________________

Spatial Magic Abilities

Level 1: (Unavailable)

- Ability Unlocked: 'Item Box'

Level 2: (Unavailable)

- Increased 'Item Box' Storage Capacity.