Chapter 30 - Awakening Divinity

A/N: I said I'll be uploading on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. However, I'll be changing it to Tuesday and Friday. This way I can have a little bit more time between chapters, so I can make sure they are done properly before uploading.

Also, it took me a long time to decide on what his Domain would be after awakening his divinity. So please give feedback if you feel like it was the right call.

Anyway, hope you've been enjoying the story!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everything was bright, and white. I had to wait a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to it all. When I was able to see everything again, I was greeted by large golden gates that were big enough for a dragon to walk through.

Behind the gates, I saw people flying through the air with pure white wings on their backs and wearing long white robes. It was the type of sight that people would think of when they imagine what Heaven would look like.

"I feel like this is a bit 'gaudy' Aiko-sama..." (Sora)

"Nice play on words Sora-kun, and yes this is a bit over the top if you ask me. However, who am I to judge someone else's taste. Besides, it seems his power grew more than I expected, since he was able to create Angels." (Aiko)

"You mean, creating the Angels is a sign of a god's power?" (Sora)

"Well, yes and no. Being able to create them means you are pretty strong, yes. However, it doesn't mean you have become stronger with the more you summon. Even having things like Archangels doesn't really mean you're a powerful god. Although, that's not to say that Archangels aren't strong themselves." (Aiko)

"Alright......So, how do we get in? I doubt his gates will be opened for us, right?" (Sora)

"Just let me handle it. All you need to do is find him, and beat him down." (Aiko)

"Yes, Aiko-sama." (Sora)

"Also, before we continue, I suppose I should awaken your divinity huh?" (Aiko)

I nodded in confirmation, and was also excited to see what it felt like to wield divinity. I know it won't be as powerful as this guys' power, but I will do everything I can to help Aiko-sama. It's the least I could do, considering her giving me a second go at life. Although, there was still one thing bugging me, and it has been since our talk back on the Earthly plain, before we entered the celestial plain.

She said that Earth isn't supposed to be the way that it is, for another 600 years. So does that mean I was wrong, assuming that the girl who looks just like my sister was actually my niece? Does that mean my family has already lived and died? If so then...No, I need to stay focused right now. I've got a daunting task that I need to complete, so for now, I can't let myself be distracted by something like this...not yet at least. I just hope my family was able to live good lives before they passed on...

While I was shaking these thoughts out of my head, I felt a small but warm hand on my back. I turned around and saw Aiko-sama smiling up at me.

That's right...although my family, who raised me, may be gone I still have family members that are alive right now. As well as others whom I care about. If this guy keeps growing in power then something bad may happen to them. So I need to make sure to stop him by all means necessary...even if I have to ignore Aiko-sama's order and kill him...

I kneeled down in front of Aiko-sama, and smiled back at her. I closed my eye after her hand rested on the top of my head. From that point where her hand lay, a warmth spread throughout my body. But, it didn't just flow through my body, I could feel it running through my soul as well.