Chapter 48

Many revelations and conspiracy is happening inside of the palace. It made me realize how unlucky it is to be born in imperial family..hahaha (we should cheer for our female lead!)

Maybe there's more, stay tune my lovely readers.😍😍😍😍..

----------------------------------

Wei is looking at the familiar room, and he knew he is currently inside of the crown prince palace. Realizing he is lying in the crown prince luxurious bed, he immediately stood but immediately felt the tremendous pain at his back.

He unconsciously turn his head at the door where some noise is coming from. He force himself to stand and walk towards the door but the moment he touch it, he immediately freeze.

" He can no longer stay and needed to dispose. If you know what is good for you, don't block my way " An indifferent voice with an elegant bearing that coming from a woman.

" It was my own choice to interact with the commoners, Wei always hindering me to go outside but I always force my way. He is one of my people, it is my duty to protect and give the rightful punishment, why insisting to take his life?" A voice of a child but there is a hint of strength that no ordinary people can defy.

The woman with a red robed embroidered with phoenix can only helplessly sigh, she gave the signal to to some shadow guards to withdraw and seated elegantly in a chair given by her personal maid.

She calmly look at his unyielding eyes, what stubborn child! She can see herself at this young man painstakingly protecting the door or rather the child inside, it was good that he came after his mother not from his good for nothing father.

" He is a threat to your throne." She calmly reveal the secret of that child birth. She expect for his son to be flustered but he only reply otherwise.

" I knew " he calmly smile and his gaze soften from looking at his mother empress.

" When grandfather visit your chamber 4 years ago, I heard your conversation. I knew you did those things in order to protect and strengthen my hold to my position "

The empress feel agitated and suddenly stood, she lightly shake his small shoulder, "Then Why?"

" Mother, I may be young but I understand my surroundings more, thanks to my experience in interacting with commoners. I silently witness the wicked things inside of the imperial palace and mother schemes with the other concubines to keep me from harm."

" But we already derived his right of freedom. Mother empress took him and let him live as a shadow guard, letting him experience the life and death situations that is not appropriate in his age. He was supposed  to be a carefree child, enjoying his youth but he is wasting his life for ME. He was supposed to be my BROTHER!"

Wei can't help but to feel his feet soften, and stop his lips in making some noise. He can't help his tears from falling. He thought his heart is already numb, now he knows why the empress is always on guard in his presence. It doesn't matter if he is royalty, since birth he never knew what is luxury and upon listening that his mother is a maid, it was already luck to be alive. But, what truly touch him, are the things that the crown prince said.

He thought the crown prince would want him dead, but he already knew the truth from a long time ago and treating him the same. His genuine smile and warmth laugh never left their time together until the present.

He always think of me as a brother not some servant to be disposed.

He weakly hide his face full of tears with his knee, silently letting out the emotions hidden in his heart.

The empress was stunned but immediately regain her posture, " You are raising a snake beside you! A human heart is not to be trusted, they can be easily sway and in the end only pain can be felt."

The crown prince weakly smile and slowly approach his mother empress " Mother, I don't want to be alone when I reach the top and be anxious of the people around me. We the imperial family are born with a golden spoon, earning the envious of people but always doubting the people that are trying to be closer to us. Mother I'am destined to rule but I cannot truly tell who are genuine and not, I need someone who can protect my back and can accompany me at this bloody road. I just need someone where I can still be myself not to lose this sanity to greed and power."

He gently hold her trembling hands,
" You've done enough mother, just for this once, trust my intuition. He is someone I can trust. "

The woman is trying to control her emotions, this small child who is known for being innocent and naive had already grown. He understand her suffering and sacrifices. She also wished that this child could take another road because she witness how power can change a person.

She gently patted his head, " Your fate is to stood at the highest place, this time I will give in but, you need to exert extra effort in your studies. I will  observe from the sideline and see if your decision is correct."

" I will spare his life and revealing the truth is up to you, however if I witness abnormalities from his action I can no longer promise his safety."

For the first time in many years, the empress gave her sweet smile. And together with her entourage, she left the crown prince palace.

------

The crown prince smilingly turn to the door " you can now go out, Wei".

----------------

Oh, brotherly love..😍😍😍😍😍

This chapter is dedicated to those who supported me in Webnovel...Thank you once again in not failing to assist me..😁😁😁😁