The adoption (Part 1)

A/N: Hey guys, so this is my first real chapter ever. Please go easy on me :) So the first few chapters will be the adoption, and then after a few chapters the field trip will come around. So I hope you like it, and enjoyyy <3

Tony's P.O.V

"Steve, babe?" I yelled as I walked out of the elevator into the penthouse Steve and I lived in. "Yes honey?" I heard coming out of the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to the sight of Steve making a brave attempt to make Bucky's famous cookies. Judging on the sight of the flour literally everywhere, it wasn't really working out. "Hey babe, you okay?" I ask laughing while kissing Steve on his cheek and walking to the fridge to get a drink. "Yeah, I tried making cookies but I kinda failed. Miserably." Steve sighed.

Steve walks towards me and wraps me in his arms. "Is Peter in his room?" I ask him while hugging him tightly. "Yeah, he's upstairs" "Good, I need to talk to you about him..."

Steve and I walk to the living room, and fall down onto one of the huge couches in the room. "So what did you wanna talk about?" Steve asks me.

"Well, I was kinda thinking about adopting him"

"Adopting him?" Steve says sounding a bit confused.

"Yes. Hear me out. He has had a rough couple of years, first his uncle Ben died an May died recently too due to cancer. She asked me to take care of him, and right after she died I made myself his guardian, not wanting him to end up in some kind of foster-home" I explain to Steve.

"Yeah, I know. And i'm proud of you for taking that responsibility on you. And I totally agree with you that you like it better having him here than in a family he doesn't know. But do you really thing that we are ready to adopt?" Steve asks me.

"Babe, I love you. We've been married for a year and a half now and I think we're ready for this. Peter needs a home and he knows all the Avengers already, and we know we can trust them around him. So if you think we're ready too, and Peter agrees..... Then I think we should do it"

I look at Steve, curious of his reaction. Much to my delight, he seems to agree with me.

Steve's P.O.V

"Babe, I love you. We've been married for a year and a half now and I think we're ready for this. Peter needs a home and he knows all the Avengers already, and we know we can trust them around him. So if you think we're ready too, and Peter agrees..... Then I think we should do it"

Tony explains, and when he's done he keeps looking at me. Probably trying to read my expression. I think about what he just said and notice that I agree with him, maybe we are ready for this.

"Honey, I love you too. I think we should do this." I say looking to the painting at the wall across from the couch we're sitting on.

I look back at Tony and see him smiling incredibly hard. It's cute. "Really?" He asks.

"Yeah, You're right. We already know we can trust all the other avengers with him and everybody has a huge soft spot for the kid. I love him and I love you, and I think we can make this work."

Tony smiles at me and kisses me softly. "Okay then. I think it's a good idea if we clean up the incredible mess you made in the kitchen first and then we can go talk to Peter about this"

"I think that's a good plan" I laugh and we stand up to clean up the kitchen together.