18. Apocalypse II✔

" There are no secrets that time does not reveal. "
- Jean Racine

Indrayan's pov :

I had to leave Sampurnaa there because she wanted to get to the end of all this. I had met with the deputy commissioner of police who had assured me tight security of the brothel. Sampurnaa's tracker, camera, recorder and Bluetooth earpiece were working properly.
Her parents and colleagues had been frantic with worry. I did not get to meet them personally as I had to prepare files, statements, papers et cetera for the impending court case on Saturday.
I did get to speak to her senior and her father over the phone. I let them know of Sampurnaa's decision and the security arrangements.
Her father enquired about her physical and mental state and I could hear her mother sobbing in the background.

Sigh! They did have an overly dedicated and stubborn daughter.

Yet somewhere hidden behind all that strength and courage, dwelled a sensitive and loving woman whose heart bled when she saw the helpless and vulnerable women who were compelled to live in a brothel and sell themselves each and every day.

It was noon. I had slept till 11.30 am as I got zero sleep during the night.
I decided against going to the court. Instead I prepared for the greater challenge that waited ahead for me on Saturday.
Moreover, I had to keep up with the updates presented to me by the police and the reporters waiting outside the brothel where Sampurnaa was.
I had ensured the involvement of a lady officer or two who could disguise themselves and sneak in to be closer to Sampurnaa for her safety.

I had my fingers crossed. The day was bound to be long. I had to go back to the red light area at night.
There was a mystery we were close to solving... And I can just hope sitting in my office now... That all goes well... That all is revealed.
It was around 4pm when I was planning to go and visit Sridha and her parents for briefing them about the court proceedings.

Just then my phone rang. The person on the other end ranted out... My ears went deaf after what he said... The phone simply slipped out of my hand falling on the floor.
A clear indication that disaster was inevitable.
...........................

Sampurnaa's pov :

I opened the door. Some woman was standing there.
From her way of dressing, I could make out that she was not a sex worker or a prostitute.
Even though, she was dressed up in a not so sophisticated way, her presence screamed power.
I lowered my head and was walking past her when she pulled my arm and I jerked towards her.

She looked at me in a scrutinising way and then said, "You are the one who Sir wanted me to meet and prepare. "

I looked at her bewildered. Prepared for what?
She must have interpreted my thoughts, "You! You are the one sir in the next room wanted me to prepare for his friends tonight. There will be around 5 men coming and two of them are from abroad. You must be dressed up well. "

It was then that I realised what she was talking about.
As if on an impulse, my hands started shaking visibly. The woman saw my hands shaking and then looked at me again,
"You've been with men before right? "

I was about to say no when it hit me that my denying this would raise questions. After all I had been in a room with a man according to everyone else in the brothel.

I nodded.
"I hope you have experience. " she stated.
I asked exactly like an idiot, "In what?"

The woman sighed helplessly as she spoke out again, "Don't answer that for me. I already know you have none from your question. "