57. Elucidate

"It is easy to discover mysteries... But hard to elucidate a mystery."

-Elegiac_Damsel
________
27th December
Indrayan's pov:

I woke up earlier than Sampurnaa today. When I woke up, there was a face hidden somewhere in my chest and a hand rested on mine.
It was Sampurnaa!
Judging from her position, it was perceptible that she had been feeling cold.

I gently removed her hand from mine and got up from the bed. I adjusted the duvet properly on her. It was 5.30 a.m.
There's a hearing at the court today. The hearing had been initially scheduled for Monday, but the justice stalled it since the Minister did not turn up, yet again. I did not have to go to New Delhi after all. The Minister had been travelling abroad; Sampurnaa was really relieved when I told her that I won't be meeting the Minister.

We don't know if he'll turn up today... But we hope he does.
Since I was up early, I decided to go for a jog. I changed into my tracks after freshening up. Sampurnaa woke up just as I was about to shut the door of the room.s

"Good morning. Where are you going?" she asked me while sitting up on the bed and stretching. She got up from the bed and then stood still.

"Oh shit!" she exclaimed and ran to the washroom

I walked up to the bed and then saw what had caused such a reaction from her.
There was a blood stain on the bed sheet.

I kept my phone and headphones aside and then picked up the duvet from the bed before stripping the bed sheet off the mattress.
Sampurnaa returned back two minutes later.
"I would have done it. You didn't have to come across something like this early in the morning! I am sorry... The bed just got spoilt... I should have been more cautious. You can go where you were going... I'll get the bed made freshly by the time you are back." she blabbered

I chose to not reply to her.

I got her towel from the drying rack and handed it to her.
"You can go and wash up if you want. I know that you have to change. I'll get these bed sheets soaked in water. Don't you worry."

She looked sceptical.
"You don't have to. I'll take them with me and get it done." she told me and then picked up the bed sheets

I stopped her. "What is wrong with you?" I asked her

"It is just that I... I can do this alone... I mean thank you for your help... But I can manage."

"You are not saying this because of old Indian stereotypes, right?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised

She flushed red and I knew that I had hit the nail on the head.
"It is not just that... Basically I can help myself out. I know you are there to help me... And trust me, I'll take your help whenever I need... But for now, let me just get things sorted. You go for jogging." she assured me

"Are you sure, you'll be able to manage?" I asked her again

She looked at me and her face relaxed as she smiled.
"I have spent 14 years of my life managing this alone. This happens with every woman! Even the maid who works at home... No one complains and no special attention need be given to me. It is a part and parcel of life... Anyways, if you have read any of those cliché stories where the husband literally waits his wife on hand and foot, during her mensuels; then be rest assured that I am not one of those wives and that I don't want one of those husbands."

I smiled at her and then told her that I would be back in an hour. She nodded and went to the washroom for freshening up.

Even after she told me to not worry much, I decided to creep downstairs and keep a bar of dark chocolate near her purse. She'll definitely see it!