I've Seen the Other Side of You

Five and Seven are running down the hallway.

Seven grips her left arm in pain, holding it as she stumbles through the hall after Five. The doctor had bandaged it earlier, but her wound had opened up over the course of events from the chaotic day.

Footsteps are heard behind the girls.

"Faster, Sev!" Five yells in a whisper, grabbing Seven's other arm and pulling her along.

They get to the vent system.

Five goes in.
Seven is about to climb in. However, before she could even crouch down to crawl in, she was grabbed by her waist and thrown down. Another set of hands grab Five's escaping legs, pulling her out.

Guns are drawn as the girls look to their captor -- Four.

"I got 'em." Four says through the comms.

Three runs over.

"Who the hell are you? What are you doing on our ship?" Three asks.

***

Five, Seven, and Two are in the medbay with Android on the table being scanned.

"What are we looking for?" Two asks.

"Once she wouldn't cooperate back at the prison, they started probing her neural network." Five explains.

"The procedure was quite invasive, and as I suspected, it appears to have damaged my higher functions, including self-diagnostics and my neural link." Android says.

"Can your nanites fix it?" Two asks.

"Yes, but I will have to shut down in the meantime." Android says.

"Well, how long?" Two asks.

"Approximately 32 hours." Android says.

"Well, we're not going anywhere, so now is as good a time as any." Two says. "Go ahead."

Android shuts down.

"That's odd." Two says, looking at the computer.

Five and Seven share a look.

"What is it?" Five asks.

"The computer is scanning the medical database." Two says.

"Why?" Five asks.

"It could just be a routine systems check." Two says.

"Two, this is Arax." Arax's voice rings out over the system comms.

"Go ahead." Two says.

"I have a proposition for you." Arax says.

"I'll be right there." Two says.

Two goes to Arax.

***

Five and Seven are sitting in the medbay.

Well, Five is sitting, Seven is pacing around the room, rubbing the bottom of her arm through her sling.

Three walks in.

"Hey, how's that robot?" Three asks.

"She shut down to self-repair." Five says. "She'll be fine. We just thought it might be nice if someone checked in on her once in a while."

"Knock yourselves out." Three tells the girls, grabbing meds.

"What's with you?" Five asks Three.

"I got the mother of all headaches." Three says. He takes some pills. "Ah, damn it! Whew." He groans in pain.

"You might want to take it easy with those." Five says.