36. pants on fire?

36. pants on fire?

 pants on fire?

━━━━━━━━

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"Pants on fire."

"I'm wearing a pencil skirt."

"Pulling my leg."

"You're hugging them pretty tightly. If anyone's pulling them, it's you."

"I... I can't think of any other idioms."

"I'm not lying at all, Nico. Vanessa Taylors is my daughter. We share the same last name."

"It's a pretty common last name! Mila Taylors, Margot Taylors, Blake Taylors, Jennifer Taylors!"

"You're just changing the last name of every famous actress you find attractive."

"I am not!"

"Mila Kunis, Margot Robbie, Blake Lively and Jennifer Lawrence."

"Aw, man."

"I figured it out when I asked you what she was like, but I wasn't sure if I should be the one to tell you the truth."

"My brain is about to explode. I think I might have peed a little."

"I'm shocked, too. Although, perhaps not to the point of urination. This seems unreal."

"So my therapist and my English teacher are married—"

"My client is my husband's student—"

"My ex cheated on me with my therapist's husband—"

"My husband's mistress is my client's ex-girlfriend—"

"My ex-girlfriend and my therapist's daughter were best friends—"

"My daughter's best friend is my client's ex-girlfriend—"

"My ex-girlfriend is pregnant with my therapist's husband's child—"

"My daughter's best friend is pregnant with my husband's child—"

"And the girl I love—"

"—Is my daughter."

"I— I need to talk to her."

"Did... did you say love?"

"Yeah... I guess I did."

"Nico, I don't know if she's—"

"Please, Mrs. Taylors. Now that I know you're her mother, you're my only hope of contacting her again. All I need is her number."

"Hm..."

"What is it?"

"You really love her?"

"I honestly don't know. I mean, I've never even met her! All I know is that one night, a long time ago... I felt like I deserved nothing in the world. I felt like a burden to everyone around me."

"Nico..."

"I didn't understand what my purpose was, what was wrong with me. I didn't understand why it felt like everything I touched turned grey. Why it was so hard for people to find it in themselves to love me. My girlfriend. My father."

"Nico, you don't have to—"

"I even went to a payphone. I was going to reach out, finally. To call for help for my pain. But I couldn't think of one fucking person who wasn't already sick of me."

"I'm sure there's—"

"But she called me, Mrs. Taylors. She came to me. She taught me that I had worth. That the problem wasn't me, but those around me. She taught me it was okay to feel sad, it was okay to not be perfect. She taught me to love myself again. And for that, I guess I love her."

"What time is it?"

"Um... five to seven, why?"

"What would you say to finally meeting her in person?"

"W— what?"

"She's at the beach, always at the deepest end. Go meet her, Nico."

━━━━━━━━

hey! i kept my promise to the sunday update!

but these joyous updates wont be enjoyed for long, 1 am therapy will soon reach its ultimate end :' (

im sad but happy? i dont know how you guys found my story, but boy am i glad you did : )

quick question: what's your favorite tv show? im struggling to move on from the masterpiece that is big bang theory

Don't forget to vote!

xoxo, Sierra