Chapter No. 11

Sophia

I was on the cloud nine right now because after more than a year of ogling Alaric like a creep, I was finally going on to a date with him. Well, it was more of a friendly outing for him in all likelihood but who cares! If I say it's a date, it's a date.

The dress that I was going to wear was perfect for this occasion. A knee-length fitted black dress, modest yet sexy at the same time that will definitely leave him wanting for more.

After doing my make-up immaculately, I slipped into the dress but failed to reach the zip that was stuck somewhere. I gave it my best shot by leaning at an uncomfortable angle but all in vain. Ultimately, I resorted to the only option available at that moment.

"Noah!" I screamed his name loudly back to back.

"Patience, roomie." I heard him respond in loud voice and moments later, his head peeked through the half-opened door.

"Get your ass here and help me; this zip is stuck." I exasperated and pulled all my hair to one shoulder.

"Who is the lucky guy?" he smirked as he reached behind me and his eyes locked on my reflection in the mirror. He was still in his work outfit, his tie loosely hanging around his neck and his sleeves folded to the elbows.

"Alaric," I informed as his fingers hooked around my zip. From the mirror, I observed him closely while he solely focused his attention on the zip and attempted to free it.

His cold hands created small tingles on my warm skin. "The guy you had a crush on? Great." he commented without any enthusiasm in his voice. Eventually, he managed to free the zip and then lifted it up to the neckline.

"Finally." I passed him a sheepish grin through the mirror and combed my already curled hair.

"You know, I didn't have a date in like, forever." he muttered under his breath and if I heard any better, he sounded sad.

I asked in surprise, "Really? I thought you are an expert in dating."

"Well, I am more of an expert in what happens after a successful date." he winked and my smile turned into a scowl. He just had to say something like that.

"You are missing out on the best part, jerk." I gave him a frown and sat down on my bed to wear my heels. These were the most expensive pair of black heels I owned and to say I loved them would be an understatement.

"Best part? Isn't sex the best part?" He leaned against my dresser and raised his eyebrows.

"No idiot, it isn't. The best part is listening to your partner's likes, dislikes. The best part is when he lightly brushes your hair back. The best part is when he slowly leans towards you and whispers something in your ears. The best part is the moment that leads to sex, the moment when you know that if you don't kiss that person, you'll probably die."

He watched me with knitted brows as I finished telling him about the best part of a date. He taunted, "You are such a girl."

I was about to retort when the doorbell rang and I excitedly hopped out of the bed, saying, "It's him. It's Alaric."

Slinging my purse across my shoulder, I made my way out to the living room and then to the door in an alarmingly high speed. Behind me, I heard Noah's footsteps following me closely.

I stopped before the door, ran my fingers through my hair and assessed my clothing for one last time. Noah gave me a thumbs up before I opened the door, revealing Alaric dressed in a casual dark blue button-down shirt and black pants. He had a black blazer draped over his arm as he stood there, smiling at me with his pearly teeth.