Chapter No. 23

Sophia

After the party was over, we returned to our apartment but not alone. Since Emily couldn't come, Alicia and I decided to have a sleepover at my apartment and that explains why we three were sitting on my bed, snuggled in the warm blanket. I was on the right, Noah was on left and Alicia was sandwiched between us.

"Noah, it is a girls sleepover so can you leave us alone now?" I fumed at him. There were so many gossips in my mind and Noah wasn't supposed to hear almost half of them.

"Well, for your kind information, I have been in many sleepover." he smirked.

"Orgies doesn't count," I added and Alicia laughed out loud at this while Noah just glowered at me.

"At least, those were fun." he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and let out an annoyed groan.

"Stop fighting, you guys." Alicia interfered and gave both of us a warning glare. "Noah, go bring coffee for us, please." she ordered in sweet, saccharine tone.

At first, Noah pouted but then he left and I stared at his retreating figure. When I turned to look at Alicia, she had narrowed her eyes at me.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"What's going on between you two?" she asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Going on?" I gulped nervously and tried to act angry. "I'll tell you what's going on. Sometimes, he makes me want to kick him hard in his nuts."

"Maybe that too, but I observed the look you both gave each other."

"What look? The look of utter contempt." I lied. I knew what she was talking about. After our almost kiss, the whole party went awkward with both of us refusing to look into the other person's eyes.

"Go on, lie to your poor, old friend." she pouted and made a sad face.

I let out a deep sigh and prepared myself to make her understand our situation. "There is nothing going on between us. I am interested in someone else and Noah, well he is interested in every girl on the planet." I said.

"And does that make you jealous?" she smirked and I fought the urge to growl.

"Alicia!" I groaned in a whiny voice, trying my best not to act strange. "Why would I get jealous? There is nothing between us and never will, because he is not the relationship kind. He has serious commitment issues, something I don't have time to deal with. He can never be with one girl and I'll feel pity for the girl he will eventually marry."

I felt bad for saying such things about Noah, but it was the truth. He could never be in a committed relationship and if I let myself feel something for him, I'll just end up hurting myself.

"He is a nice guy." Alicia whispered.

"I know. He is amazing," I said. "But he is not the guy for me."

Alaric's face appeared in front of my eyes. Noah was a man girls go to if they want to have a one night stand but if they want a boyfriend or a husband, they need someone like Alaric, someone dependable and emotionally available.