Chapter No. 40

Sophia

I don't know when we shifted from the couch to his bed. His touch stripped me of every last shred of sanity I had and the only thing I remember was straddling him and reaching the height of ecstasy before collapsing on top of him.

The next thing I know, my phone started ringing somewhere in the room, disturbing my peaceful sleep. I shifted in my position and realised soon that I wasn't on the bed. Instead I was lying on top of Noah and his arms were wrapped around my waist, keeping me glued to him.

I looked around to check my mobile and the voice was coming from the pocket of my pant lying near the door. I waited for it to stop ringing and once it did, I shifted my attention to the creature lying below me.

He had perfect flawless skin and soft red lips, that were slightly parted. I brushed his brown hair away from his forehead, that felt really soft and silky under my touch. Bringing my fingers to his lips, I lightly brushed his lower lip. He stirred in his sleep and a hint of irritation appeared on his face, that made me smile mischievously.

There was something about him that made me happy and comfortable at the same time, something that made me like all his narcissistic habits and weird quirks. He always hide himself behind his goofy smile and doesn't show anyone his true self; his amazing, caring and genuine self.

I leaned towards him and pecked him on his lips. Then I began to part away but his arms tightened around me and pulled me even closer, if that was even possible.

"I knew you were a creep who ogles hot guy when they are asleep," he said and opened his eyes, his blue eyes staring at my face with an incomprehensible expression.

I blushed under his gaze. "I knew you were awake. I was just messing with you," I lied, feeling embarrassed of how our naked bodies were attached to each other.

"Really?" he smirked, running his fingers up and down my bare waist, causing a small shiver down my spine.

"Yes," I shrugged.

His face suddenly turned serious and he brought his hand to my face, tucking the hair behind my ears. I was still on top of him and with him being awake, his buddy down there was starting to wake up too.

"There is something I need to tell you." he said, his eyes lingering on my lips. The blue in them darkened and I felt the familiar pull in mu stomach. "I am leaving for California next week."

"Oh." I said, feeling sad all of sudden, all the previous energy drained. "For how long?"

At this, his eyes filled with sadness and he said, "Um.. I'll be leaving for good. I have been offered a job there which is really better for my career."

At this, the feeling of lust in my stomach changed into the feeling of emptiness. "But you... You weren't supposed to leave yet. There are still two months left." I said.

"I know. Its just, the offer is really great." he said, rubbing his arm up and down my naked arm.

"Oh," I whispered slowly and pulled away from him. Shifting to a side, I pulled the blanket on top of me to cover my cleavage. "Well, um... Good for you. Its sounds amazing."

"Yeah, it is." he said and turned to his side to face me.

I looked into his eyes and there was something weird in them; as if he wanted me to stop him from going. But I couldn't do that. I couldn't be selfish when he did everything he could to help me. So I kept quite despite his attentive stare at my face.

"So I guess we are going to forget this night too, like we did last time." he said sarcastically.

"I guess no." I said, turning to my side to come face to face. "I mean don't you think you'll need a memory to remember me, once you are a hotshot businessman?" I smiled but I felt pathetic just thinking about him going.

"I don't need a memory to remember you, Stone." he said and scooted closer to me. Once he was close enough, he leaned forwards and captured my lips in a small kiss, that caused my stomach to turn into a mess.

"Something for you to remember me by." he chuckled and then hopped out of bed, still in his naked state. My cheeks flushed on the sight of his very naked self and I licked my dry lips to wet them.

"Cover yourself, idiot," I threw the pillow towards him.

"Just look away." he shrugged and walked out of his room.

...........

There wasn't any customer at this time of the day usually so I was sitting in the backside of kitchen where nobody usually comes, with my back against the wall and my arms around my knees.

Last I checked my YouTube accounts, the reads and subscribers both have doubled. I should be jumping in joy but I couldn't feel happy. Knowing that Noah would be gone next week, it was making me feel empty inside.

"Hey," I heard Tessa's voice after which her face appeared in front of me. "Why are you hiding here?" she asked.

"Um... I... I don't know." I muttered, not knowing what to say.

"Wow, and I thought I was clueless." she shook her head and sat down beside me.

"Did you hook up with Noah again?" she asked and my head whipped towards her in a dangerous speed.

"Why? What? Why would I sleep with him?" I stammered.

"I don't know. But when you entered inside, there was this strange glow on your face, as if you were thoroughly screwed last night." she shrugged. "And last I know, you had no intention of hooking up with a stranger yesterday which means it was your own roommate."

"Well, fuck you Miss. Know-it-all." I rolled my eyes.

"But my amazing brain couldn't grasp one thing. Why are you sad?" she asked.

"I am not sad." I defended.

"And I don't want to make sweet love to Henry Cavill." she said dramatically and I slapped her arm.

"You have a girlfriend, hoe." I reminded her.

"We aren't exclusive yet. By the way, it's you who couldn't keep it in pants so who is the hoe now?" she smirked, earning another slap from me.

"You are lucky I am not in mood." I said.

"And why is that? What happened?" she asked the same thing again.

"I don't know. I mean there is no obvious reason. Everything is fine. I made a YouTube channel and I gained almost 500 views in two days. I should be happy. But..."

"But?" she asked.

"But he is leaving."

"Who is leaving?" she asked further.

"Noah." I said. "He got a job offer in California."

"And that makes you sad?"

"Yes. No. I don't know." I sighed in frustration. "I mean he is my friend."

"You have other friends that live in other cities. Do you feel this sad for them too?" she asked.

"No. But-"

"But?"

"Ugh, stop it Tess." I said and stood up in frustration. "Don't mess with my mind."

"Sweety I ain't the one messing with your mind." she said in fake accent and earned a glower from me.

__________________________