Chapter No. 39

Noah

I was sitting in my office cubicle, working on the latest project. Since Emma broke up with me, she hadn't talked to me directly once. Most of our conversations were through intercom or any fellow employee.

In the lunch break, I made two fake email IDs to like and comment on Sophia's video. It was my tenth fake ID that I had created from last night because I didn't want her to feel like nobody was watching her video. Although, there were 8 other views too which was pretty good for a new video.

While I finished writing the comments, my phone started buzzing. The caller ID show Dean's name, Dean was the same friend that helped me in getting the job. Shutting the YouTube off, I went to the corridor to answer the call.

"Hey man," I said enthusiastically.

"Guess what dude, there is a good news." he responded in eagerly voice.

"What? Don't tell me you're getting married." I teased and he scoffed in return.

"I wish." he laughed from the other side. "Well, remember the company where you interviewed, they specifically asked me for you. I told them about your temp job and they said they would love to hire you now."

He took a long pause, waiting for me to speak something but I was too shocked to say anything.

"I'll think about it." I finally managed to say.

"What's there to think? It's a once in a lifetime offer, Noah. You have to be here next Friday to meet them. It's time to be back man, California hasn't been the same without you." he said and Sophia's face flashed in front of my eyes. I knew I needed to leave one day or another but I didn't know it would be this soon.

"Are you listening? They need an answer by tomorrow. Could you be here next Friday?" he asked.

"Y... Yeah, I'm. It's... Um... I'll talk to you later." I said and cut the call.

..........

I parked the car in the parking lot of the building and hid my face in between my palms. I have been thinking about Dean's offer the whole day. It was definitely a better choice for me. Offers like this knock at your door once in a lifetime and if I don't avail it, I might regret it for my whole life.

Besides, there was nothing in New York for me, other than a job where my boss hated me for ruining our relationship and a girl who would never feel for me the same way I feel for her. She made it completely clear that a relationship between us was not possible then what was the point of staying here?

Maybe I should accept the offer. With that thought in mind, I texted Dean that I'll be there next Friday.

After locking the door, I made my way to my apartment. I passed through the doorway and reached the living room where Sophia was lying on the couch, an almost full pizza placed on the table in front of her and her eyes focused on the TV screen.

"Hey," I said and picked up a slice of pizza.

"Hey," she said and stuffed the slice in her hand into her mouth.

"Did you check the views on your video?" I asked, flopping near her feet on the couch.

"Nah, I mean what if there are no views?" she said.

"Don't be stupid, Stone. Come on, let's check together." I said. Last time I checked during the lunch break, she had 23 views and I know that would make her happy. Yeah, 10 of them were mine but it doesn't matter.

"Okay, pick me up." she extended her hand for me.

Gripping her wrist, I pulled her up and she searched for her phone. Once she did, she logged into her YouTube app and shut her eyes. "Don't tell me if there are no views. Just close it and put the phone away." she said, tightening her grip on my hand.

"Um..." I said, squinting to check if I saw correctly. She had 254 views on her video and 36 new subscribers.

"What happened? Tell me. No. Don't tell me. Tell me. Shit..." she panicked, her nails digging into my hands.

"You have 254 views." I said and her eyes bulged out of her orbits. She snatched the mobile back from me and glared at it, as if not believing her eyes.

"Oh my God! 254 people watched my video." she jumped in her seat, her face still astonished.

"Yes." I said, smiling at her elated state.

She turned to me and the next moment, her hands wrapped around me tightly. "Thank you. Thank you so much, Noah." she said as she jumped on me and engulfed me in a giant hug.

Her feminine scent enveloped me as her soft body fitted perfectly against my hard contours. "Thank you," she said again and parted slowly, her eyes lingering on my face.

"The pleasure is all mine," I said, using my fingers to push the free locks away from her face.

Her face was few inches away from mine, her hands still wrapped around my shoulder and my hands still resting on her lower back.

Her eyes lowered to my lips and after a small moment, I felt her lips brush against mine slowly.

It didn't take me long to respond to the kiss. I pulled my right hand back from her waist and rested it on her nape. Angling her neck slightly, I moved my lips against her passionately, letting my tongue glide over her plump lower lip.

Not letting me dominate her completely, she slipped her tongue inside my mouth and my breath hitched at the onslaught of feelings. I pulled her closer to me, letting her feel how much I wanted her. My tongue fought with her while our breaths synced with each other.

We kissed for what felt like ages after which we finally parted. Her eyes were darkened with desire and I was sure, so were mine. She reached my collar with her delicate fingers and began unbuttoning it, while I watched her with hooded eyes and harsh breaths.

One by one, she undid each button and then finally took it off. I took the freedom of doing the same and helped her slip off her tank top, leaving her in just a lacy bra and shorts.

I gulped hard on seeing her perfectly proportioned body and closed my eyes for a moment to calm myself. After a second, I felt her lips on my neck, sucking the skin, hard enough to leave a hickey. A moan escaped my lips while her hands teased their way down my torso.

My face was completely heated up and I was sure I was red like a tomato. Her fingers hooked around my buckle while she kissed the junction between my neck and shoulder.

"You are going to be the death of me," I muttered, my vision blurry because of the lust and something else I felt in the deepest corners of my heart, something resembling love.

"I'll make sure of that." she whispered in my ears and bit my earlobe, earning another moan from me.

________________________

No update tomorrow.