Chapter 5

Levi flinched when the brush first touched his scales, you jumped back in response a little in alarm. But when you felt him relax you continued to clean him off. Your new friends all watched in amazement, they had never been able to get close to Levi let alone touch him, and here you were brushing his tail.

Levi made a little grumble and then turned around wrapping his arms around your waist and snuggling his face into your stomach making you blush at how close he was to you. You noticed that he was drying out a bit and so you scooped some of the water from his tank and dropped in onto his face and muscular body, you then used your hands to spread the water and damp him down making your face deepen in colour when your hand went over his body.

You winced as he squished his face further into your stomach, as pain flashed from the wound your father had given you. Even though it was a few days ago it still hurt when pressure was added, plus it had been being agitated all day which made it worse.

You glanced around to make sure that the others hadn't seen your reaction to Levi grabbing you. Luckily it looked like they were to focused on Levi's figure so you looked back down to continue cleaning Levi. He was giving you a sideways glare like he knew something was up, and he clearly didn't like it so you gave him a smile, but he didn't stop glaring.

Sighing you went back to work cleaning Levi's long and elegant tail. Every now and then you washed off the brush and gently pulled out his dead scales putting them into a small pile so that they could be thrown away later and didn't dirty his tank, Levi falling fast asleep.

*Time Skip*

Your first day was a big success everyone praised you at the end of the day and your spirits soared knowing that they definitely wanted you back. Levi was a bit of a problem when you were leaving though.

*Flashback*

"Come on Levi sorry but I have to go" you tried to pry his arms off you.

Your work day was over, and Levi knew it to, as soon as he felt you leaving he latched his arms around your waist and using him tail, pulled you back into a seated position on the stone wall.

"Levi, it's the end of the day she has to go" Eren tried to persuade him to get off of you, still not being able to get anywhere.

Levi's tail was like a weight and you couldn't move when he let it sink into the tank. "Awe this is so cute he's so attached to you".

"Levi, I'm sorry but I really do have to go" you said patting his arms.

Eren took a step forward reaching for you but that was a big mistake as, as soon as Erens foot hit the floor, Levi flicked his tail back pulling you into the cold salty water with him.

You gasped at the shock of the cold water as Levi kept your head above water, allowing you to breath, keeping his arms securely wrapped around your waist and swimming away from the wall of his tank. You leaned into him for warmth and wrapped your own arms around him in comfort.

"Levi I can't stay here all night. I promise I'll be back first thing tomorrow. I'll come back at eight like today. Everyday." You spoke in a soft voice.

Levi nuzzled his face against yours and you felt his gills on his neck against your own neck. It wasn't a disgusting feeling like you thought it would be, they were scratchier than you thought, a bit like wet sand paper.

You tightened your arms him giving him a tight hug and letting Levi nuzzle you. He eventually brought you to the side where Mikasa helped you out as to not anger Levi further.

"Let's get you dry" Mikasa spoke.

"Bye Levi! See you tomorrow" you waved to him following your friends out, Levi's innocent face almost made you run back to his arms.