Chapter 11

AN:
I'm back, sorry it's been so long Christmas has been a busy time for me and I've been moving home for Christmas to then move away again to where I study but I'm back on scheduled now so I will be once again updating every Thursday ❤️

"I can't believe you managed to set this up without my knowledge" you were in so much shock your words came out breathy.

He gave you a happy look and then eagerly looked at the fish below him, you giggled at his face "you can eat, Levi, I'm actually very hungry myself".

You picked up your knife and fork to tuck into your own cooked fish. Silence descended on you both as you munched away, you sent each other looks the whole time, you couldn't remember a time when you were this happy. Maybe when you were last with your old fishy friend, which reminded you.

As soon as you had both finished before you spoke to him to catch his attention "Levi?".

He perked up looking at you "all those years ago, on the beach, that was you, wasn't it?".

His ears fanned forward and his fluke fanned out along with his fins, he nodded vigorously afterwards. Your eyes widened and welled up with tears, all this time you had found your friend and didn't know. You felt your tears roll down your face from the happiness of the situation. Levi gave you a one second motion and you nodded.

Levi turned and dove back into his tank, flicking his tail up after causing little drops of water to fly and add to the tears on your cheeks. It didn't take long for him to dive to the bottom of his tank and then resurface and when he did, he called you over to him on the wall.

You sat on the wall next to him and instantly his webbed hands ran over your cheeks to wipe away the water droplets. The cold water that had settled on his hands felt nice against you flaming cheeks, and cooled then down. One of his hands left your face and reached behind him.

He brought forward something you'd thought you'd never see again, the same wooden carving you had gifted to him as a child, it was darker in colour from living under the water for so long it also had some green sea moss stuck to the top of it. This only made you cry more at the sight of it, he had kept it all these years, and even transported it here.

"I still have your scale as well, it's at my home safe and sound" you mumbled making sure he knew you kept his present to you.

You couldn't stop yourself from jumping forwards and wrapping your arms around his neck. He fell backwards into the water not ready for your sudden jump taking you with him. The cold water was a bit of a shock but you didn't care you were too busy wrapping yourself around Levi trying to reaffirm the bond you had as kids, Levi doing the same.

*Time Skip*

The last week had been one of the best weeks you have had in a very long while. You and Levi had only grown closer, him growing calmer with this bond. Hange had gained permission from your school to home school you so you were never seeing those who would hurt you. You had also settled into your new home with Hange.

It was unveiling day and a red ribbon sat in front of the entrance walkway to Levi's tank. Levi himself wasn't all that happy with what was happening, but with some words of confidence from you he accepted it, especially since you would be swimming with him.

You were very nervous, you were waiting inside the walkway still viewable from Levi's tank, waiting for Erwin to call you up. You had your wetsuit on as you would go straight into Levi's tank after cutting the ribbon. You had never felt this type of excited nervousness before, normally it was just fear, but this time you had a spring in your step and couldn't stop moving.