Misunderstood

As I mentioned once before the job that I had gotten was at a small startup restaurant. It was a wrap shop that served Mediterranean food. What set them apart from normal fast food was the way the food was made. Every morning a prepper would come in and make all of the food they'd need for the day. That included chopping any veggies, marinating the meat, skewering the meat to be cooked as needed, and making the various sauces they offered. I washed dishes there and eventually became the self proclaimed chief of cleaning because nobody else wanted to do it. Typically I would come in to piles of dishes left from the morning crew to finish that night. They kept me at the dish washing spot for a few years when I first started there. It would have been nice to move up faster than I did, but I was fifteen, all I needed was some spare cash to spend on my friends and something else to keep me out of the house. This job suited both of those needs.

All of the money I made here I spent on someone else. Once I got this job I opened the door to a plethora of different activities. I would often treat my friends to dinner or anything else we might have wanted to do. Erica, Brad, Mae, Laura, Eric and I would often go out and play laser tag, eat at my work, or go to the movies. Often times I would drive, pay for the gas, and pay for the activity. As much as dad yelled at me for doing this, I didn't need the money. I had no bills to pay and I had only gotten the job to try out buying my happiness. My paychecks were small but most of the activities we did involved some kind of baking.

On one occasion I had been left home alone and the parents insisted I had a gal pal over to make sure I was safe and not having sex with boys. So I had Erica spend the night with me.

"We should throw a party or something." I joked once the parents departed.

"Yeah? Who would we even invite?" She entertained the idea.

"I don't know. Let's see if Mae or Brad are up. We could do some crazy late night baking." I laughed. This is a great oppotunity to put my money to good use.

"Let's do it then." She giggled as I pulled out my phone and made a few calls. They were over within the next half hour.

"What do we want to do? We were figuring some crazy baking adventure so that when we get caught they can be like 'oh they just made a cake' or something ya know?" I tried my best to impersonate dad.

"I like it. Ummmm, I don't know." Mae pulled out her phone to search.

"How about this?" Brad pulled up a recipe for a giant chocolate wafer bar.

"Oh my gosh yes!" I exclaimed, taking a glance at it.

"I'll start on the mold!" Erica chimed in excitedly grabbing some spare cardboard, scissors, and tape.

"Alright so what else? Wafer of some sort."

"Lots of chocolate. All of the chocolate." Mae added in taking a look at the pantry to see what I already had.

"Alright what else?" I looked up racking my brains.

"I think that's it. Chocolate and wafer." Mae figured.

"Alright so is the grocery store open? Do you think the one down there would have it?" I asked pointing at the liquor store down the street from my subdivision.

"Nah, that's a liquor store they wouldn't have the one we need anyway." Erica added in grasping a bit of tape in her mouth and working on the lettering we wanted indented on the surface.

"Alright so grocery store it is. Are they open?" I asked, checking the time. 11:30, ok.

"Probably, I think they're open til like three am."

I am the Skeleton in the ClosetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara