38

"From everything I've heard, my mother suffered in silence alone for years." Jace said as I followed him into the courtyard, "She never got the help she needed."

"We won't make the same mistake, Jace." I assured him, "Whatever's happening to you, we're gonna figure it out- together."

Jace stopped and faced me, "I'm thinking of going to the City of Bones for treatment."

I blinked, "With the Silent Brothers?"

Jace sighs, "They have a history of helping Shadowhunters with mental health issues."

I shook my head, "Jace, we don't know that's what you're going through."

Jace looked at me, "There's a family history."

"But- you didn't start feeling this way until after you were brought back." I argued stubbornly, "Do you really think that's a coincidence?"

"I think it was a trigger for something that's always been there." Jace's words made me shut up, "Look, I can't sit benched and do nothing- if there is even a chance that the Silent Brothers can help, then that's-"

"But, what if they can't?" I cut him off, "Jace, the Clave would deem you unfit for duty- you'd be deruned-"

"And what choice do I have?" Jace replied, looking between my eyes, "I can't live like this."

I trail off, "I could try to talk to the Angel?"

"No- it's too dangerous." Jace denied immediately, "If we summon Raziel, he could destroy us just for bothering him."

"What about Ithuriel?" I counteract, "He's helped us before, and his blood runs in our veins."

I continued, "Jace, if you are suffering the consequences of being brought back from the dead, then maybe he can do something- he could help."

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Jace decided to lightly tease at me, "Are you gonna text him?"

I softly smile, "I'll improvise."

-

"Can I borrow a dress?" Isabelle's voice filled the line as I walked through the street, "I need something mundane to wear and I couldn't find anything in Clary's closet."

"Sure-" I simply said, "What's it for- going undercover?"

There was shuffling at her end of the line, "Something like that-"

"Something like that?" I repeat her words in amusement, "Izzy, what's going on?"

Isabelle exhales deeply, "I'm going out tonight- with the doctor."

"No way?" Excitement strikes within me right away, "Tell me everything."

"It's just dinner." Isabelle made it clear, "I'm only doing it so he can leave me alone."

I scoff in humor, "Well, then why go out with him at all?"

"You're right." Isabelle said, "I should cancel, help with The Owl search-"

"Izzy, you've been working non-stop." I quickly said, "You can take a couple hours and enjoy yourself- It'd be good for you."

-

My eyes scanned the board as I stood at the precinct with Luke, "Are these the victims of the Owl?"

"Yeah." Luke nods, "26 victims in total throughout the tristate area."

"Law enforcement thinks it's some deranged cult brainwashing their members to kill their loved ones." Luke sat down at his desk, "What's up?"

I clear my throat, "I need to talk to your sister."