Three

"Nice place you got here."

Iris looks over her shoulder from placing her things down and smiles, "Thanks. It's been home for the past couple of years."

Barry closes the door, "All this place just for you?" he says as he looks around the loft.

"Yeah," she half-smiles. "I was engaged to this great guy last year and... well things happened and we called off the engagement," she sighs as memories flooded back. "When we broke up, he told me to keep the place," she shrugs her shoulders, "I guess as an apology for it not working out."

Barry nods his heads, "He seemed like a nice guy."

"Thanks," Iris looks over at Barry and smiles as he smiles back. It was like time stopped as they stare at each other. "Sorry, I'm being rude. Have a seat and I'll get us something to drink." Barry sits down on the couch as Iris walks over to her kitchen, pulling out two glasses. "Water? Or are you in need of something else?"

Barry chuckles, "It has been a long day. What do you have that's strong?"

"The real question is, what don't I have," she giggles.

"Surprise me then."

"You got it." She winks as she starts making a couple of cocktails.

Barry watches her over his shoulder with a faint smile. He then looks down at his hands as he plays with his wedding ring. Is this wrong? Am I cheating? No. I haven't done anything with Iris... Then why am I feeling so guilty? Maybe I should go home, Barry thought. "Hey, Iris?"

"Here you go," she smiles as she walks over with the drinks.

"Thanks." Barry looks at the drink as a memory flashes back to his mind.

Four Years Ago

Barry was dragged by his college best friend, Felicity, to a local club. She wanted to introduce him to her boyfriend's sister in hopes of finally getting Barry a girlfriend.

"You are going to like her, I promise!" Felicity yelled over the loud music.

Barry nodded his head, "Sure I will... I'm gonna go grab a drink."

"Hurry back!"

Barry shakes his head and rubs the back of his neck as he walks up to the bar. "Excuse me," he tried but got ignored. "Excuse me," he tried again as the bartender kept flirting with some customers. He sighed in frustration then someone caught his eye. To his right, he saw a young woman, who looked about his age, with mid-length, curled, highlighted brown hair. She was behind the counter and making a drink. He turned his attention to her and smiled, "Hey can I have whatever it is your making?"

She looked up at him and smiled, "Sure, hold on."

He watched her as she got another glass and started recreating her drink. "You must be new here."

"What?" She asked with confusion written all over her face as she looked into his eyes.

"I said you must be new here," he yelled a little louder.

"Sorta, why would you say that?" she questioned arching her eyebrow.

"Well," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I've been to this club before and I have never seen you here."

"Oh, so you're a regular?" She smirked as she mixed the drinks to her liking.

He lightly chuckled, "Sorta, I guess you can say that. Plus, I've never seen a really cute bartender here before."