Five

It was really late, the sky is black with a silent wind passing by. Aside from the voices in his head, the only sound that could be heard is Barry's car engine as he turns onto his street. The car pulls into the driveway and he just looks up at the dark house. He lets out a deep sigh of guilt as he cut the engine. He leans his head back on in his seat, debating.

"How am I going to face her" he mumbles under his breath. Maybe she's asleep... I could take the couch and give me time to figure this out. I can't lose her, he reasons with himself.

Still, he couldn't find the strength to get out of the car. It was like his body knew this was a bad idea to come back home but then again, where could he go so late at night. He pinches the bridge of his nose as tears begin to build in his eyes. "I can't lose you Cait. Please forgive me," he whispers when he looks back at the house. At that moment, it took everything in him to step out of the car, walk up the path, and slowly unlocks the front door.

The house is dark and quiet. He softly closes the door to not wake up anyone and walks straight over to the living room to sleep. The moonlight creeps in through the windows and Barry's breath gets caught in his throat to see that the couch is occupied.

"Cait," he quietly breathes.

He marvels at how peaceful she looks and the way the light captures her natural beauty. He slightly smiles seeing her curled up in a ball with a light blanket. As he moves closer, his smile fades seeing the stain tears on her cheek and one of his shirts tightly in her grasp. He feels his guilt running throughout his body as he kneels next to his wife and the tears start falling. Barry wants nothing more but to hold her in his arms but knows that right is long gone for him.

"I'm so sorry baby..." he croaks out.

Suddenly, his sleeping beauty starts to stir, feeling his presence. A gasp escapes his lips as she looks up at him. She squints her eyes as they adjust to the night.

"Barry?" she barely whispers.

He licks his lips and swallows his saliva. "Hey, Cait."

Caitlin sits up as the blanket falls off her and onto the ground, with the shirt tight in her grasp. "Barry? Where... where have you been?"

He deeply sighs and runs his hand through his hair, "I..." he bites his lip, "I just needed some space..."

She nods her head and looks down at his shirt in her lap. She bites her lip, debating whether to say the words coming to her mind, but her heart takes control. "I thought... I thought you weren't coming back," she chokes as the tears come back in her eyes.

His eyes widen and quickly scoops her into his arms to hold her close to his chest. He wraps his arms around her waist as her head lays over his heart. He feels the tears seep through his shirt and tightens his grip on her. One hand starts to rub her back, to soothe her and buries his head into the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry Cait... I'm so sorry" he whispers in her ear.

Caitlin slightly pulls away from his chest to look into his eyes and places a hand on his cheek. He flinches at the touch but gives in as she softy rubs her thumb across his jaw. She shakes her head, "No Barry, I'm sorry. I acted like a bitch -"

"Only cause I acted like an ass-"

She places a finger on his lips, "Let me finish, please." Barry nods his head and she removes her finger to place her hand back on his cheek. "I was rude, selfish, and unfair to take out my frustrations on you. I let work get in the way and ended up pushing you away... when you left I was scared... scared you weren't gonna come back..." she lets out a deep breath, "scared that this was the end of us... I can't lose you Barry" she whispers the last part as the tears come back down her face.

Barry let out a deep sigh and pulls Caitlin back to his chest trying his best to soothe her so she wouldn't see the tears escaping his eyes. I don't deserve you Cait. I don't deserve you. He slightly pulls away to look into her eyes. "I'm here... I'm here Cait and I'm never letting you go. Ever." He places both hands on her face. "I am so sorry for putting you through that... I should have never left. You mean everything to me. You are my everything. I can't lose you, Caitlin."

Caitlin places her hand on his face to wipe some tears with thumb and looks into his eyes lovingly, "I love you" she breathes.

"I love you... so much," he presses to silent his guilty for a moment until he notices her leaning in. He hesitates, panic taking over his body until their lips meet.

She kisses him with passion, to show him her love. She takes note that he isn't kissing back and starts to pull away when he brings her lips back on his. She smiles as they both deepen the kiss with passion and love. When the need for air came, she breaks away first and places her forehead on his as she bites her lip. "Hey, Barre why don't we finish this in the bedroom?"

She feels him tense up a bit and sees his eyes widen. She takes her forehead off, looking at him in confusion. "Can we, um, can we just cuddle? I just want to hold you in my arms, whispering sweet nothings in your ear, knowing how much I love.. is that okay?"

Caitlin blushes at her husband's sweet affections and nods, rubbing her nose against his. "Sound perfect to me."

Barry smiles, "Well then.." he picks her up with ease as she squeals wrapping her arms around his neck, carrying her bridal style, "Let us enjoy a perfect night, together."

She bites her lip, nodding her head then burying her face into his neck. She then smells something different on Barry. It was a faint smell. What is that smell? It's different from his usual smell. Maybe it's just me. She is torn from her thoughts as Barry lays her down on their bed.

"I need to take a quick shower first-"

"Why?"

Barry bites his lip, "Um, me getting space meant I went for a long walk; and the walk made me sticky and gross."

"I don't care, I just want you" Caitlin whines, already missing his touch.

"But I do. Just get comfortable and I will be right back."

"Fine." She playfully rolls her eyes then moves to her side of the bed. Barry smiles at her and leans down to give her a quick peck on the lips before heading into the shower. Caitlin got this gut feeling but wasn't too sure what it could be about. She was so deep in her thoughts, she didn't feel the bed dip in weight nor the arms wrapping around her waist. She slightly jumps at the touch.

"Did I scare you," he chuckles into her hair.

She smiles lightly, "No I was just lost in thought"

"Thinking about me?"

"Maybe," she smiles then bites her lip.

"I love you Cait," he breathes into her ear.

She looks over her shoulder, smiles, and pecks his lips. "I love you, Barry" she whispers but knows he heard her as his grip tightens.

"You are my world, stay with me forever?" Barry dares to ask, afraid of losing her if she ever found out. He will never be able to forgive himself but, from this moment on proving to be the man Caitlin fell in love with - her one and only. He holds his breath waiting for her reply, to give him the strength to forget his mistake and to hold on to their marriage - their love.

"Until the end of time."

------------------------------------------

Thank you for all the love and support! I hope you like this sweet Snowbarry scene. Sorry it took so long, work and life got in the way as well as inspiration coming and going.

Speaking of which, this Tuesday's Flash episode was AMAZING! I especially LOVE the Snowbarry scene towards the end, had me in tears!!

Q&A:

1.) Would you like more cute/lovely Snowbarry scenes?

2.) What do you think of Barry's plan to forget his mistake? How long do you think it will last?

3.) Would you like for me to post sneak peek chapters of the other story ideas?