C9

The morning finished rather quickly and we all left to go do our jobs. Charlie had told me that I'd be helping clean for the time being until she can find a real job for me.

I was currently in the kitchen washing the dishes. Ani was somewhere off with Angel doing who knows what.

I warned him that if he taught her anything that is not....appropriate..that he would pay for ruining her innocence. I must protecc my bean.

He told me that he wouldn't do anything like that and that he was just gonna hang out with her for a bit. He said something about a pig but I didn't really listen. It probably wasn't important anyway.

I finished cleaning the last plate and stacked it on the pile of cleaned plates. I wiped some water that splashed on my forehead off but ended up just smearing more water on my forehead because of my wet hands. I grabbed a hand towel and dried my hands and face. Rolling my sleeves down I walked outside the kitchen to go find Charlie until something hit my legs causing me to trip, but before I hit the ground a pair of fluffy arms wrapped under my arms and caught me. I looked up to see Husk looking down at me with wide eyes and a hint of pink on his cheeks. I felt my face start to heat up a little bit from the contact. I got up and dusted the imaginary dust off my clothing.

"Thanks for catching me. What was that?" I asked looking around only to see Ani....riding a pig.

She looked like she was having the time of her life. Her excited smile and happy energy caused a soft smile to appear on my face.

"Mm..the fuck is happening?" Husk mumbled.

"Fat Nuggets! Ani! There you are!" Angel called from the hall.

"Fat...Nuggets...?" My face contorted into a look of pure confusion.

"Well now we know who's pig that is." Husk grumbled under his breath and started walking towards the bar.

I followed him hoping to get a drink before going to look for Charlie again.

Husk stood behind the counter and pulled a bottle of booze out of nowhere. I sat on the barstool and stretched.

Husk got out another bottle and passed it to me.

"Thanks." I mumbled. "Uh..so Husk, you don't seem like the type of guy who would want to work here. What brought you here?" I asked.

"That radio-fuck Alastor. He summoned me here or whatever. I refused the job at first but he bribed me...with a wink and some cheap booze." He mumbled the last part but I still heard it.

I giggled and asked, "That easy huh?"

"Shut up." He grumbled.

We both started chuckling.

"Hmm..." I hummed with a smile on my face.

*bonding time~! Sorry for the short chapter.

Stay Tuned~