C29

"Hey dad." Charlie shakily gets out.

I feel a bit of annoyance and anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach. I've never liked Lucifer and he's never liked me. I personally think he's annoying. But he's half my boss and God is the other half. So I have to do everything he says.

Charlie is still for a moment then she looks towards me. She hands me the phone.

I make a confused face then grab it. How'd he know I've been staying here?

"Hello?" I speak into the phone.

"Hello, Y/n!" Lucifer's cheery and sadistic voice comes through the other end.

I roll my eyes.

"How'd you know I was here?" I ask.

"That's not important. What is important is that I have you at my mansion in fifteen minutes! We have some very serious stuff to go over with you." I can hear the glee in his voice and basically feel his smile.

"If it's so serious, why do you sound so happy? And who's 'We'?" I ask.

"You, Me, and God of course!" He says 'God' with a tad bit of venom in his voice.

My face pales. My two bosses have something important to discuss with me and Lucifer is extremely happy about it? This can't be good for me.

"Um, okay. I'll be there." I say.

"Great!" He hangs up.

I hand the phone back to Charlie and leave the dining room, ignoring the questions being thrown at me.

I go back to my room and grab my cloak. Ani flies under the door and give me questioning noises.

I look at Ani with fearful eyes. She looks back at me with concerned ones.

"You stay here and hide. No matter what, you don't come out for me or anyone. Got it?" I order.

She nods and hides under the covers of my bed. I walk out of my room, but a hand grabs my arm gently stopping me from entering the elevator.

I turn around to see Husk with worried eyes.

I smile. "You know, worry doesn't look good on you." I tell him.

He rolls his eyes, but the concern was still there.

"What did that dickweed say?" He asks.

I sigh. "It's a meeting. It's probably not gonna be good for me, but I'll be okay. I have to go."

"What the fuck do you mean by 'not gonna be good for you'?" Husk asks with more concern than before. His grip tightens a bit. Yet it's still gentle.

I smile and touch the soft fur of his cheek.

"I'll be okay. I could be worrying over nothing. I'll be okay." I reassure and Husk nods. He lets go.

I step into the elevator and watch as the doors close.

...

I found a taxi and took it to Lucifer's castle. I didn't even need to pay because the driver was already intimidated due to my obvious Grim Reaper cloak.

I walk through the glorious doors and into the dazzling mansion. A butler guided me to Lucifer's office. He stands by the door.

I open the beautiful wooden doors with an apple tree with a single apple carved into each one flawlessly. I close the doors behind me. In front of me is a beautiful dark oak desk and a large intimidating chair that is turned around behind said desk.