Chapter 32: Just Make Out Already

I stood on Carly's front porch, waiting for someone to open the front door after I had rang the doorbell. It was freezing out, and the wind didn't help.

"Izzy! Come in!" Carly smiled as she opened the door after a few seconds. I entered her nice home that I know off by heart and put my bag on the ground. 

"You brought your outfit, right?" she asked, looking over at my bag. 

"Of course." I laughed slightly as I put my coat on the coat hanger. She nodded her head. I picked up my bag again, and followed her upstairs to her room. 

"So, I have a list of things we need to do for the party tomorrow." she explained, waving a piece of paper in the air. "First thing, decorations." she read.

"Are we going to the dollar store?" I asked.

"Yup." she stated.

~~~~~~~

"No, the gold."

"Are you sure not the green?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I laughed, throwing the gold garland into the basket.

"Oh! And we need Christmas themed napkins!" Carly squealed, running down the isle. I shook my head laughing, and followed her.

"Okay, I think that's it." she said, putting the snowmen covered napkins into the basket I was holding.

I looked behind her and saw someone I haven't seen in a while, and someone I didn't ever want to see again.

"Aw, damn it, Troy's here!" I whispered to Carly.

"What!" she exclaimed, "As in your ex Troy?"

"What other Troy do we know?" I hissed. "Here, put this on." I said, giving her a nearby masquerade Christmas mask. I grabbed one for myself too.

"Is he gone yet?" Carly whispered.

"Yeah, I think the blue one really matches you." I said to Carly, as I changed my voice to half an octave higher.

"Yeah. I think so as well." Carly played along. We turned our backs to Troy as he walked by with his friend. Soon, he was gone from the isle.

"Phew." I sighed, taking off my mask.

"Let's go check out before we see them again." Carly stated. I followed close behind her as she walked. "Hey! We totally need a mistletoe!" she giggled, grabbing one as she passed the shelf.

We managed to pay for all the stuff without any awkward run ins. 

The drive home was smooth, and once we got to Carly's house, we had a delicious dinner with her parents. 

"Time to decorate!" Carly squealed after dinner. She was really excited. She put some Christmas music on, and we started Christma-fying her house inside. We wrapped garland up the stair railing, hung ornaments off of chandeliers, put up wreathes, and made some simple centre pieces for tables. After a lot of work, the house looked elegant and beautiful. 

"That was tough work!" Carly stated as she pretended to wipe sweat off of her brow. "Come on, let's go watch a movie in my room."

~~~~~~~

It was 4:00pm of the next day, and people were going to be arriving for the party any minute. Carly and I were making sure we looked alright in the mirror. Carly was wearing a cute white dress along with christmas patterned tights. 

"Where's your Christmas hat?" I asked, fixing the red and green elf hat on my head.

"Oh right!" she gasped. She grabbed her Santa hat off of her bed and neatly placed it on her head. The doorbell rang at that exact moment. Carly and I smiled at each other and raced down the stairs. Carly ended up reaching the door first. 

"Hey guys!" Kyle exclaimed as he stood on the porch along with Max and Andrew. Max gave us a wave, and Andrew flashed a ravishing smile. 

"Come in guys!" Carly beamed. I giggled slightly as I remembered that Carly had a thing for Kyle. How cute. 

I walked towards the living room, beckoning them to follow. The doorbell echoed through the house once more. 

"I'll get that." Carly mumbled. After a couple of seconds, Carly entered the room along with a small group of people. 

"Steph! Julie!" I smiled, giving each of them a small hug. I greeted the other guys as well. The group mingled about, as Andrew slightly pulled me away from the group. 

"You look beautiful tonight." he smiled down at me. I quickly skimmed over my outfit. A green long sleeved shirt, a red skater skirt, paired with white tights. 

"Thanks." I replied, noticing how my cheeks felt a bit hotter. Andrew's eyes reminded me of a mug of hot chocolate; the warmth and sweetness radiating off. 

The music eventually became louder as more people started filling in. The playlist Carly and I spent hours making was really paying off. It was a Christmas mix ranging from the classic tunes, to dance remixes. 

There were a lot of people everywhere. It was hard to stay with one person, as everyone seemed to want to talk or dance with me at one point or another. After an hour or two, I managed to get out of the large dancing crowd and I made my way to the kitchen to grab myself some fruit punch. There were a few people socializing and grabbing drinks as well. 

"Hey there buttercup." Max came in, bumping hips with me. 

"I swear, there's no alcohol at this party, how can you be so tipsy already?" I joked. 

"I just really love parties." he smiled, handing me a drink. I accepted it. 

"You need to really get together with Andrew." he stated. I almost spit my drink all over him. 

"What?" I asked stupidly. 

"I feel like such a 5th wheel when Jamie isn't around. Especially now with Kyle and Carly liking each other too." he said casually. "It'd be better if you guys just made out already." 

I stared at him wide eyed, and my cheeks turned red. 

"Okay." was all I could reply with. He chuckled. 

"Come on, let's go start a game of never have I ever." 

---------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Follow :)

Hey guys! Sorry for the super duper late update. Next chapter will come in 3-4 days....so, be ready for the last chapter! Thanks for reading!