Chapter-2

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Swara's POV-

The next morning was di's mehendi and it was supposed to take place at our home so I was pretty much relaxed, no tension to do things in hurry.

By the time I was up, Di's arms were done and legs were being worked upon. The groom side was here too.

" Shona....good morning." Mumma said, in a taunting tone.

I gave her a sarcastic smile and went back to my room. I was contemplating between going back to bed or getting ready. Finally the second argument won because of mumma.

I immediately got ready and came downstairs again.

Swara's look-

" Come Shona. You also apply henna." Di said.

She looked dull.

" What happened di? Why do you sound so dull?" I asked her.

" It's nothing Shona. Just the pre wedding jitters." She said.

" You know you can talk to me about everything right?" I asked her, unsure.

" Of course. Now hush, tell them what design do you want and they will apply it to you." She said and I was given a book of designs.

" Just make whatever takes the least time." I said, handing the book back to the artist.

They started with their work and it was more than one hour since they were going on.

" How much time more!?" I whined.

" Relax Shona....what's the hurry?" Mumma asked.

" I am hungry!" I exclaimed.

" Your fault na beta....you don't get up at the time of breakfast and then stay grumpy throughout the afternoon because you are hungry. You really need to change your routine." Mumma lectured me.

" Mumma, you do realize that you are lecturing me in front of everyone." I tried to calm her down but to no avail. She did not stop.

" Thank you for my morning doze." I said, getting up as the artists were done.

" Now ask papa to help you with food." Mumma said as I walked away.

It was lunch time. Papa was helping mumma with lunch, jiju was helping didi and grandpa was sleeping. Others were helping their better halves and I was left alone.

" Not anymore." Aryan said entering the hall.

" Oh my saviour." I shouted dramatically, Shakespeare style grabbing all eyes at me.

" Sorry." I muttered looking away.

" Over dramatic." I heard my sister mutter and rolled my eyes.