Chapter-15

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Swara's POV-

" I was not crying. Who said that I was crying?" I asked, faking lie.

" I heard you." He replied.

" Then go to the ENT specialist because I was not crying, was just irritated to see your face. You know, I was living in peace till the time you stepped back here." I added.

" Swara....tell me why were you crying?" He asked, a bit seriously now.

" I told you, was not." I said, looking away.

He sighed.

" Was it because of the picture you saw?" He questioned.

" What? Don't think too highly of yourself Mr. Aditya Kapoor. I was not crying because of that. I don't care. If you remember, I got the divorce papers ready." I said, dusting invisible dust on my shoulder.

" Mrs. Kapoor that means you do admit that you were crying." He remarked smirking.

" Was not. Now do you want to eat dinner or no? Let me go." I attempted to run away but he held my wrist as I got down of the bed.

" Now what?" I asked.

" How did you know that I'd allow a dog here in the house?" He asked.

I just rolled my eyes.

" Since now this is supposedly my house too, it means I am free to take some decisions. This was one of them." I lied. In reality, mom did allow me that day over the phone.

" You can't lie to save your life. Can you? Mom allowed it right?" He asked, smirking again.

" First of all mister, my boo boo has a name and he is called Bubbles and second of all, if you knew the answer to the question, why did you ask it in the first place?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

" Just wanted to see what you say." He said, shrugging his shoulder.

" You know, people tend to get tired after jet lag, you have lost your mind." I sneakily remarked and freed myself from his hold.

" Not funny." I muttered.

" Wasn't meant to be. It's the truth." I replied as I walked away in the kitchen.

As I was heating the food, Aditya entered the kitchen and Bubbles followed.

" This is really not fair. He likes you more that he likes me. Always behind you." I said, pouting.

" That's because even he knows who will ultimately be taking care of him." Aditya replied.

" That's not true. I take good care of Bubbles!" I exclaimed.

" Are all his vaccines done?" He questioned me.

" I am yet to take him to a vet." I replied, embarrassed.

" See, you just proved my point." He taunted.

" Listen....I do take care of him. It's just that it completely slipped my mind." I told him honestly.

" We will take him tomorrow in the afternoon. It's off for me. Works?" He asked.

" Yes! I just have two lectures tomorrow so I'll be back by afternoon." I confirmed.

I then served Bubbles with his dinner and made a plate for both of us.

" By the way, how do you know so much about dogs?" I asked him.