of people and strength

and learn to embrace your scars
for they are proof of your strength
and how you've overcome

M A D D I E

"We should stop here for now, let's continue again tomorrow." I announced when I turned back. The sky was getting dark and I know that venturing deeper into the woods would create higher risks of meeting danger.

Looking at the small group of people here that's been following me, I couldn't let them face harm.

I closed my eyes, feeling the power and when I opened my eyes again, I smiled contented. I set up a protective barrier around us enough to conceal our scents.

Ashley ran up to me and gave me a hug. "Maddie, how far more are we going?" she asked. I patted the twelve-year-old's head, messing up her hair.

We've been travelling for about three weeks by foot now. The territory we used to lurk in has gotten way too dangerous for us. Lately, the rogue wolves have been so unstable, they easily give in to the insanity of being a rogue.

Apparently that's what happens if you haven't been in a pack for so long.

"Just a little bit more Ashley, but we're getting closer." I assure her. The others have started getting ready to prepare us a meal from the animals we were able to hunt while on our journey.

Ashley's mom, Mel was starting up a fire. There's also Steve, Ashley's dad who was helping her. I saw Mrs. Potters preparing the tents and Quinn and his two siblings cutting vegetables. Gavin was with his Celeste lighting up fire everywhere around the barrier. The others went to draw up water while the others stayed to rest, the older ones and the children.

"Is it beautiful there? Will you help me to shift and run around the field?" she asks, enthusiastic.

"No, Maddie already promised to teach us how to fight!" we hear Gage say. We turn to his direction and I see Leighton with him. Ah, the best friends. They're so adorable.

They have already started bickering and watching them, I let out a laugh. How has my life turned to this?

They were too busy arguing that they haven't even noticed that I have already taken my leave. I went by where the new girl was. She had just recently joined us, maybe about two weeks ago. We found her getting chased by other rogues as she was banished from her pack for stealing.

She was around thirteen to fifteen, but we didn't really know for sure. She spoke very little and the only thing she ever said was her name. I could sense that she was still scared of us, but lately I can see her lowering her guards.

"Rina, are you adjusting just fine?" I ask and smile as I bended a bit to get a better look at her. She lifts her her eyes up to me and I could see that she was thinking. Probably how to answer me.

She stared at me for a long time before finally deciding to nod. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to tell me." I say again and stood straight.

Next, I made my way where some of the men were. They already had a mini table set out where a map was laid. When they noticed me coming nearer, they made a way for me to see the map.

"Maddie, good thing you're here. Looks like we'll reach our destination just before sunset tomorrow." Billy informed me. I looked at the map as he traced the little way we had left to travel.

The place we were about to go is an unclaimed field. This means that no pack owns it so we're free to roam around. I've been there many years ago when I was younger.

I don't remember any nearby packs or many rogues lurking around there, so it was the only place I could think of to bring these people who trusted me with their safety.

There was one pack, but I plan to stay away from them. I remember it was a big and prosperous pack. I had heard from the other rogues at the time that it was one of the strongest packs of the region so I got curious.

I went down to oversee their land and I was not disappointed. Their land was huge and rich. Their barrier was strong and I could sense the many guards they had around it. I made the mistake of getting too close and that's when I remember feeling this really weird emotion.

Like something was drawing me and compelling me to get nearer. I figured that it must've been some sort of spell to make rogues come nearer and when their border is crossed, they'll be caught.

I ran away as fast as I could.

There's absolutely no way a pack will imprison me or contain me.

"Good. Who will be on the look out for tonight?" I ask, my eyes scanning the men around me.

A middle aged man raised his hand and spoke. It was Jim. "That would be me and Walter tonight."

I nodded while I circled a certain area in the map. "We have to make sure to stay away from this area. I remember there was a pack around here, but I don't remember too well."

"Yes, it's the Luminare pack. I'm guessing you don't know about them much since you've been a rogue your life, but that pack is crazy strong. They've got the best warriors in the region, Alphas from other packs send them there to train. They're never lost a war and the rogues that trespass are killed or imprisoned." Walter said coming beside me.

Hmm, typical packs.

I stared at the map. "Well, the only choice we have is to stay away. As long as we don't bother them, we'll be fine." I say.

"Dinner is ready, put those away for now." we all hear someone from behind say. It was Belinda. She raised her ladle and motioned us to come over.

"Thank you for your good work as always, let's eat." I tell the group of men who helped keep our small group safe.

They smiled back. Billy put his hand on my shoulder as if to comfort me. "No, we're the ones thanking you. If it weren't for you, most of us wouldn't even last in the woods. Thank you for helping us." he says.

Awkward, I don't really know how to feel.

"Seriously, I don't think you know that what you're doing is extraordinary. We're rogues, we should be going insane without being in a pack but ever since we met you, all of that disappeared. You were even able to take the mark of a rogue off some of us. Like how are you even able to do that?" Martin says amazed as we started walking to the circle around the fire. The other men agreed with him and even started joking that I could be stronger than some Alphas.

I feel like I'm being overestimated.

"Oh, the mark. I don't really know... but I'm just happy that you all trust me." I said as I sat down.

Everyone must've heard me because the group of twenty-something people all stopped to look at me. The fire blazed and it warmed me up.

I held my head straight to look at all of them.

"You all are my strength, thank you."

________________

First chapter!

i hope you all really liked it as i am super excited for this story.

please support maddie on her adventure and show her lots of love.

*this story is going on at the same time as the Alpha Broke the Omega since it has the same timeline.

dont forget to vote, comment and share to your friends and family!

till next chapter!

much love,

-skyy💕