of reunion and worries

have you been well?

M A D D I E

Like what I had told my mother, I had to return to Luminare as soon as possible for two reasons. One was for Chase and the other, for the rogues.

Deciding that I was going to fight for our relationship, I knew I was going to give up a lot of things, but strangely, the loss doesn't seem too bad now.

Cassian was with me although I had told him not to countless times. He had a pack to take care of and although I had only recently learned how big of a responsibility an Alpha has, I knew that it was a big risk he was taking every time he went outside his own pack borders.

Megan also came along which earned a strong opposition from out mother, but Megan insisted that she wanted to stay with me and be with me for a while until our dear mother gave up and gave her permission on the condition that she never left my side or Cassian's.

For the moment, she was sleeping at the back.

"We'll be there shortly." he tells me through the loud music that he was playing on the radio.

"Yeah, things are starting to look familiar." I answer.

"Was being a rogue hard?" he asks and we kick off to a look back on my life as a rogue.

We stopped once for gas, but Cassian came back with a few snacks that I had never seen before. I guess it's the kind that humans eat.

There was this long meat in between a long bread with a red and yellow sauce on it and although it looked quite unappetizing, I ate it and surprised that I liked it. The drink that he gave me was gassy and sugary and the way the liquid popped in my mouth shocked me and I almost spat it.

But again, I ended up liking it anyway.

It was only after an hour and a half when I saw the pack's barrier from afar. Gradually the nerve and anxiousness I was feeling before was getting stronger.

So many things went in my mind, so many scenarios of what might happen and all I could really do was lay my head back to the headrest of the passenger seat.

"Are you nervous, sis?" I hear Megan ask from behind. I turn towards her and tried to smile.

"Yes, I am."

Cassian chuckled, knowing that most of my nervousness was because Chase.

"You don't have to be." he tried to comfort but as we were getting closer, those words seemed to be useless.

I guess it was the way I grew up, but I was always inclined to think that everything will turn out for the worse and most of the time, I was right.

Before I knew it, we were already in front of the pack border and there were four guards waiting. After confirming that we were their expected guests, they opened the border and we passed through.

Cassian drove further and as we were getting closer, Chase's scent was stronger than ever.

His scent drove me crazy and gave me peace at the same time. I had yearned for it so strongly after a month of being away from him.

When we rounded through the familiar pack and stopped at the pack house, I saw a few people standing up in front of the pack house and recognized Kasen, Owen and of course, Chase.

My heart went crazy now and I couldn't wait to embrace him, but would he let me?

I froze on my seat and I wasn't so excited to come out anymore. That's until the door opened and Cassian held his hand out to me.