of journeys and memories

when people change,

do not cling onto their past selves

M A D D I E

For days I walked, sometimes I ran. Coming from the south, I had made my way near the western central territories and that took me about five days.

I usually avoided finding myself in around the central territories because not only is it filled with a lot of powerful pack wolves because the Were Council was in the centre, the place was also swarmed by rogues seeking revenge on powerful pack wolves.

During these past five days, I have been challenged to a duel so many times by other rogues who did not know me or if they did, were stupid enough to challenge me. Unfortunately for them, it didn't take long before they met their end.

Queen of the Rogues is a title I haven't heard in a long time. I used to hate it when people called me that because it wasn't anything to be proud of, but Andrew always teased me by calling me with that title.

He said that I should take confidence in it because it was a proof that I was strong and was able to fend for myself. But what is the use of this strength if I couldn't even protect him?

At night when I took a rest, Chase found his way in my mind and made my heart to break again. I gave myself a brief opportunity to think about him whether he was doing alright or not, but I never let it last long.

And so, I quickly pushed him off my thoughts and forced myself to a brief slumber.

Surprisingly, I haven't met any Strays on my way which is strange because I heard that they were everywhere now, but how come I haven't seen any?

I was walking into a part of the forest whose grasses are tall and came by my waist. They swayed easily by the wind and it was hard to find a path and walk among it. I had to fight against them to make it on the other side.

When I was younger and when I used to be with Finn and his mother, this was the place that we stayed in. Rogues rarely found themselves in this part of the forests as it was very far from everything else. All the more, pack wolves would never know about this place as it was a long way from any physical contact.

This place was what I considered my home for a few years until I noticed that there was something wrong.

I knew that Finn and his mother were angry at the Council and their pack for having been banished but I never knew the reason why. However, Finn's anger was fuelled all the more at the death of his mother.

We were hunting for food to eat and left Linda, Finn's mom, alone in the small house that we built over the years. While we were gone, it was ambushed and attacked by pack wolves and ever since then, the Finn that I knew was no more.

Growing up, Finn was an older brother, a mentor and a protector that I looked up to. He was strong and was extremely cunning. He taught me how to fight, how to distract my enemy, how to sneak and many more.

For all those years that I've considered him a family, I am thankful for, but the more I learn of the creatures that he creates, I knew that I have to stop him.

As soon as I stepped out of the tall grasses, plush greens and tall, healthy trees welcomed me. A total opposite from the abandoned and unkempt grasses I just walked through.

A particularity about Finn was that he hated mess, everything around him had to be organized or kept in a certain manner. Heck, even the way he killed someone in the middle of battle was done cleanly.