of findings and wishes

you brought out the best in me,
a person I didn't know was in me,

but im a grenade waiting to explode,
and i dont want to destroy you with me

M A D D I E

I recuperated at the bank of the river I woke up in for exactly 9 days and 8 nights, I knew because I counted. At this point, there was no point in trying to go back and fight Finn again.

Like what the moon goddess said, I had been too rash on attacking on my own. I remembered Chase's words that he would come with me, but I had been too hurt to listen, too proud and confident that I could do it alone.

But I was wrong.

And that mistake almost cost me my life.

There was also Hannah and Hazel, but I didn't want to trouble them. Hannah was carrying a child and Hazel was, well, had her own conflicts with her mate that she needed to solve.

After confirming that Finn really had something to do with the Strays, nothing was holding me back on telling them about my old mentor.

When I had regained my strength, I departed on my way back to Luminare although I absolutely did not know how long it would take me to get there on foot and I had no idea where I was.

Finally, on my journey, I met with a few company of rogues who were kind enough not to fight me and had even helped me.

"We just want to survive, that's all." one of them said. He wiped his tear off as he looked at his small son who was now sleeping beside the campfire.

He recounted that their pack was small and was attacked by rogues, and I could tell that it was Strays, but they probably didn't know about it.

I remember Chase telling me that the existence of Strays have not been officially announced to all of the packs yet by the Were Council and that was why not everyone was aware of them until they get attacked.

And this man and his son were fortunate enough to have escaped and survived. I could smell that they were new to being rogues, their scent had not totally changed yet, traces of being a pack wolf was still there.

"Do you not know of others packs that would take you in?" I ask, out of pity as the the fire sparked upwards.

The man rubbed his hand, frustrated as he shook his head and I felt even more bad for him.

I knew I could not help everyone and thinking to bring them with me was unfortunately not possible. It was too dangerous.

Having them near me was indeed more dangerous. Just when I thought that all hope was gone, a memory resurfaced to mind.

"I will help you, it should get you into a pack, but I cannot guarantee that it will be of much help." I start. He looked at me momentarily and although I said that I would help him, no hope was found in his dull eyes.

It was as if he had already accepted the death sentence of being a rogue, but he didn't have to.

I stood up and stretched my hands. I hadn't used my powers in a while and I'm not sure they'll be as strong as they were, but I was still going to try.

"Right now, your pack mark is getting stripped away from you and is being replaced from that of a rogue's. I will remove that so you won't completely become a rogue, it should help with finding a pack." I explained, but he was still confused as he only stared at me.

I tried my hardest to smile to bring him good news in this harsh world. "I will start with your son."

The little boy, whose name was Paulo, was sleeping soundly and warmly close to the fire to keep warm, indicating that he probably hasn't felt that warm since a while.